Korn/Ferry
www.kornferry.com Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Learned a lot, but didn't foresee a lengthy career at KF

Marketing (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Korn/Ferry as a contractor for more than a year

ProsCompetitive pay; since marketing dept is small, there's opportunity to participate in several projects; hours weren't too demanding so work-life balance was attainable.

ConsNo clear structure in place for career advancement; "old boys club" mentality; stagnant corporate culture; not a very creative/innovative environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people first join the department, contracted or permanent, take the time to set up a measurable career-plan so that growth can be measured from both ends. And don't just stop there - the plan should be reviewed throughout the year to make sure that goals and responsibilities are being met and that the employee/managers are still on the same page regarding their career path with the firm -- and not another survey, but an open discussion. The more invested colleagues feel in their role within the firm/dept, the more likely they are to stay motivated and excited about the firm/department and its objectives.

Reasonably Satisfied

Client Partner (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Korn/Ferry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great brand, great people, satisfying work. A differentiated platform… Cons: Bean counters run the firm without taking a long term… Advice to Senior Management: Remember big billers aren't always the best leaders. Use information technology to improve efficiency and quality, not only as a marketing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Smoke & Mirrors

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Korn/Ferry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You can spend a lot of money for NOTHING Cons: It's all just a dog and pony show. … Advice to Senior Management: Get back to basics. The Barbie Dolls in New… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Korn/Ferry.

Worked for Korn/Ferry? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Korn/Ferry reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Korn/Ferry CEO Gary D. Burnison. All reviews posted anonymously by Korn/Ferry employees.