There are newer employer reviews for Kraft Foods

A great company no more.

Former Employee - Principal Analyst in Glenview, IL
Former Employee - Principal Analyst in Glenview, IL

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good severance package. They allow you to work from home when needed. (depends on your boss of course.)

Cons

Senior Management can't figure out how to plan and budget for personnel needs. They are constantly laying people off. Then the next year they will hire more people for 'new' positions. They cover their bases so the practice meets all legal requirements, but everybody knows what is going on. Every employee is watching over their shoulder for the impromptu 9 am HR layoff meeting. As a result employee morale is very low. Benefits used to be very good, but every year they cut back and now the benefits are average and below. They take advantage of the down job market and WAY overwork their IT staff, to the point of several people I know of people getting ill from overwork. (I could tell you stories.) And IT project planning is backwards: They seem to throw a dart at a board to pick the project end date, and then reverse engineer the project plans to make those dates. And how do you do that? By requiring employees to work 60 hour weeks and weekends. To top it all off: They implemented poorly designed shared work spaces that are way overcrowded. No more offices or personal desks. Just open tables like a library. You can't even find an open meeting room when you need one. As much as we all dislike meetings, it's hard to do your job when you can't even get a room to have one.

Advice to Management

Learn how to plan personnel needs year to year to minimize layoffs. Train or help people being laid off to move to other departments. Learn how to more accurately plan for projects so the employees are not being severely overworked just to make arbitrary deadlines. And get rid of the open work space concept. Everybody dislikes it and it does not allow you to be more 'collaborative' as management likes to say. We know Kraft is doing it just to save rent money, but it's at the cost of employee productivity.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. My review

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential for advancement Great Management Somthing new every day. Challenging

Cons

None to think of that I can share at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep more open ears to your Sales Force and their needs and request. One way is not always the right way.

2. Sales rep.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rockford, IL

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay,PTO some of the best!

Cons

long hours to get the job done

Advice to Management

Share the wealth