There are newer employer reviews for Kraft Foods

Excellent opportunities for the right fit

Current Employee - HR Manager
Current Employee - HR Manager

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Doesn't settle, new CEO a real guy, down to earth, passionate. The Kraft environment is hard-working, but flexible. Open space and mobile working is great. As with any big company, there are dysfunctional pockets, but it isn't the rule. Successful, innovative. Real emphasis on development and diversity.

Cons

It's new, but it's old too, and sometimes those old habits get in the way. But mostly, I don't have any cons to speak of. For me, it's been a great 20+ years.

Really look at compensation across the board. Why aren't you willing to be yards better than the 'industry standard' and pay more at the regular joe level - why isn't every full time job a living wage job?

659 Other Employee Reviews for Kraft Foods (View Most Recent)

Career growth is slow.

Current Employee - Laboratory Analyst II in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Laboratory Analyst II in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Kraft Foods part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job duties are not bad.

Cons

Management is horrible, you're treated with no respect.

Be more compassionate and more fair.

A great company no more.

Former Employee - Principal Analyst in Glenview, IL
    Former Employee - Principal Analyst in Glenview, IL

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very good severance package. They allow you to work from home when needed. (depends on your boss of course.)

Cons

Senior Management can't figure out how to plan and budget for personnel needs. They are constantly laying people off. Then the next year they will hire more people for 'new' positions. They cover their bases so the practice meets all legal requirements, but everybody knows what is going on. Every employee is watching over their shoulder for the impromptu 9 am HR layoff meeting. As a result employee morale is very low. Benefits used to be very good, but every year they cut back and now the benefits are average and below. They take advantage of the down job market and WAY overwork their IT staff, to the point of several people I know of people getting ill from overwork. (I could tell you stories.) And IT project planning is backwards: They seem to throw a dart at a board to pick the project end date, and then reverse engineer the project plans to make those dates. And how do you do that? By requiring employees to work 60 hour weeks and weekends. To top it all off: They implemented poorly designed shared work spaces that are way overcrowded. No more offices or personal desks. Just open tables like a library. You can't even find an open meeting room when you need one. As much as we all dislike meetings, it's hard to do your job when you can't even get a room to have one.

Learn how to plan personnel needs year to year to minimize layoffs. Train or help people being laid off to move to other departments. Learn how to more accurately plan for projects so the employees are not being severely overworked just to make arbitrary deadlines. And get rid of the open work space concept. Everybody dislikes it and it does not allow you to be more 'collaborative' as management likes to say. We know Kraft is doing it just to save rent money, but it's at the cost of employee productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for Kraft Foods