KraftMaid Cabinetry
www.kraftmaid.com Middlefield, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Employees are made aware how expendable they are on this sinking ship.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Middlefield, OH

I worked at KraftMaid Cabinetry

ProsThe pay rate is excellent.

ConsThere is no autonomy granted to employees. Masco/Kraftmaid pulls the wool over employee's eyes concerning company wide decisions that have an impact on their livelihoods. For instance, days prior to a layoff all coordinators on the production floor reassured their departments that an upcoming layoff was just a rumor. Two days later a memo was posted stating that if an employee's hire date was prior to the date listed that they would have to be let go. After said employees were laid off there was not enough individuals left for all departments to function properly. Management is all about passing the buck here.....accountability is moved from one managers shoulders to the next down until an issue is forgotten rather than resolved. The housing market/scam of 2007 can only be blamed for so long before management re-evaluates decisions they have made.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany wide meetings with the president of the company that are relayed via pre-recorded media is a blatant disregard for employee's opinions and/or feelings. In reference to the question below about Tom Chieffe...he is no longer with the company. He resigned as he was able to foresee the company declining.

Very compartmentalized even in your own team, I believe everyone was scared to say what was on their minds

Sales (Former Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at KraftMaid Cabinetry

Pros: Very high tech office space Cons: Hold a meeting for every little thing Lack of structure as far as… Advice to Senior Management: hold more team building events Remove the fear from the organization No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Kraftmaid Cabinetry/ Masco Retail Cabinet Group

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee)
Middlefield, OH

I worked at KraftMaid Cabinetry

Pros: The pay and benefits were OK, not great, but OK. Can't… Cons: The culture of the company is poor. It was a good place to… Advice to Senior Management: Mike Newton was very good, I was saddened to see him… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on KraftMaid Cabinetry.

Worked for KraftMaid Cabinetry? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KraftMaid Cabinetry reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KraftMaid Cabinetry CEO Timothy Wadhams. All reviews posted anonymously by KraftMaid Cabinetry employees.