KraftMaid Cabinetry
www.kraftmaid.com Middlefield, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Worst employment experience of my life - 7 years of hell

KAAT Builder (Former Employee)

I worked at KraftMaid Cabinetry full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPay was decent for being a semi-skilled position that didn't require a college education. I learned how not to treat employees while working there -- that came in handy for my next job.

Cons1) As an assembly (KAAT) employee, your ideas are irrelevant. Don't bother bringing up your opinion, peon, and get back to work. You're not being paid to think,
2) Quality assurance is a joke, and is only considered when the QA department is auditing your department at any given time.
3) Hit your projected production numbers for the hour or else. Work harder, faster, and don't you dare make a mistake, If you do, you will be berated and made to stop what you're doing to fix it, then will be reprimanded for not hitting your hourly numbers. Rinse and repeat.
4) Management will lie to you in order to keep morale in that cushy spot between dissatisfaction and outright mutiny. Expect no more or less from them - they're in the same boat, just higher up the chain.
5) You and your coworkers will be reminded on a near-daily basis that if you don't like working at KM/Masco, McDonald's is hiring. So clever.
6) The half-assed JIT system is in shambles. Staging and milling are overworked and under the same conditions as assembly, so their output is rarely timely or in any way resembles a quality product.
7) Since we live in the United States of America, you may think that hard work and initiative will eventually be rewarded by increased opportunities, but get that silly idea out of your head if you work for Masco. You are a cog, and a disposable and contemptable one at that. Hit your pay ceiling (or don't) and shut up. No one is interested in any other skills or knowledge that you may think that you can bring to the table. Your ideas, if raised to management, will fall on deaf ears, unless someone in management thinks they can use them and snag all the credit for it. If someone in middle-management has their eye on you to become a supervisor, DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT. I saw MANY good, hard workers go down that path and lose their jobs when the going got tough, with no option to return to their prior positions.
8) You are expected to have the utmost loyalty to Masco/Kraftmaid, but that is a one-way street. Do not make the mistake of thinking that this company cares one iota about its employees.
9) This company is a sinking ship. If you haven't already, get a backup plan and get the hell out of there, unless you want to be let go at the same time as everyone else. The job pool will be diluted and it will likely be very difficult to find something else, as you'll be competing with your former corowkers.
10) I could really write a book about the horrible way this company conducts itself, but I have leaves to rake. Maybe I'll add more if this site lets me edit my post.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, guys. Eventually, you'll whittle this company down to nothing and will get the opportunity to spread your cancerous business ideologies to other firms.

Someone put this company out of its misery!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at KraftMaid Cabinetry full-time

Pros: Some of the stupidity was laughable. Some of it… Cons: 1. You have people in positions of power that know NOTHING about engineering, systems, quality, etc... The fact that these morons think that they… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your high horse and actually read a book about how to properly manage your people. Degrading and intimidating them actually makes you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Employees are made aware how expendable they are on this sinking ship.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at KraftMaid Cabinetry

Pros: The pay rate is excellent. Cons: There is no autonomy granted to employees. Masco/Kraftmaid pulls the wool over employee's eyes concerning company wide decisions that have an impact on their… Advice to Senior Management: Company wide meetings with the president of the company that are relayed via pre-recorded media is a blatant disregard for employee's opinions and/or feelings. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on KraftMaid Cabinetry.

Worked for KraftMaid Cabinetry? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KraftMaid Cabinetry reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KraftMaid Cabinetry CEO Timothy Wadhams. All reviews posted anonymously by KraftMaid Cabinetry employees.