There are newer employer reviews for KraftMaid Cabinetry

A good salary but you work for it

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Middlefield, OH
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Middlefield, OH

I worked at KraftMaid Cabinetry

Pros

A great salary and good benefits. Sales reps are given a lot of freedom to manage their territory as they see fit. You hardly ever see your manager. Lower level management is easy to deal with or at least mine was.

Cons

Communication is very lacking. If you are part of the "MASCO Retail Cabinet Group" on the homecenter side expect to work a lot of hours. You can expect Home Depot employees to call you at 11 at night and 6 in the morning. You WILL take care of their customer complaint or you will regret it. You will work some weekends and evenings, more then you expect or they tell you. You may drive for hours between your daily visits if you are in a rural area. You are very disposable and upper management doesn't try and make you feel any different.

Advice to Management

Better communication!!! I felt as if upper management was very out of touch with the people in the field. Maybe they should get back out there and see what is going on. I also felt like I didn't matter to the company and of course I guess I didn't as I was laid off when times started to get a little rough.

reviews filtered by
  1. Kraftmaid Cabinetry Conquering the World, Crushing it's Employees

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Orwell, OH
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Orwell, OH

I have been working at KraftMaid Cabinetry

Pros

Kraftmaid Cabinetry offers a variety of training courses in order to 'build' better supervisors and/or managers. Kraftmaid is also the world's leading cabinetry company in offering semi-custom cabinets. Kraftmaid continues to innovate new products and concepts in the marketplace.

Cons

The Kraftmaid Cabinetry senior management team is more often than not slow to communicate important issues/policies. Middle managment is often left on their own to 'muddle' through these newly implemented policies or issues with the work force with little to no support.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to seriously correct the information gap between themselves and middle management to help ease the transition into new policies. More of an effort needs to be made to support middle management in dealings with the work force on a daily basis.

2. Crazy dictatorship.. Managers and supervisors are so scared of losing their jobs, they're just a bunch of yes men.

I have been working at KraftMaid Cabinetry full-time

Pros

Decent pay
    cheap and good benefits

Cons

Company is in financial crisis
    Micro-managing Leadership
    No Job Security
    Location is in the middle of no-where
    No upward mobility
    No development opportunities
    Horrible company and sales outlook
    Equipment is in dire straits
    Slimy business practices
    Very under-educated leadership
    No work/life balance
    Noisy environment

Advice to Management

Sell!

There are newer employer reviews for KraftMaid Cabinetry