Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
www.kratosdefense.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Used and dumped

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time

ProsSteady stream of work, company is doing well financially, expanding

ConsTo begin with, the chain of command is very messed up. I had no immediate supervisor to report to, and the person that was listed as my 'boss' knew nothing about my department or line of work and only checked in on me once every couple of weeks. However, I realize that some companies work well with this type of structure. That is not my main complaint.

I was hired on a temporary basis, but about a month into my employment my higher ups started giving me very encouraging words that they had won a contract and were about to bring in a BUNCH of more workers, so I'd be a shoe-in for being brought on permanently. These words of encouragement continued throughout the duration of my employment, and they fully gave the impression that I was pretty much good as permanent.

Three months in we had a massive multi-week effort to move from our crappy warehouse building to a big fancy new custom-built building across town. They sent out a seating chart for the new building and my name was curiously missing. I assumed this was because I was currently a Temp and had them pencil me into an empty cubicle. Like everybody else in the company I did my part to pack up stuff, move stuff, unload stuff at the new building, and hook stuff up. Everybody was very excited and we couldn't wait to start our new life in a fancy new location.

On the first day we were in our new building, after I had unpacked, hooked up all of the equipment in my cubicle and started to settle in, I was informed that I was being laid off immediately.

No words to describe the sense of betrayal.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are not tools, they are assets.

Great co-workers

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros: Good co-workers they maintain employee morale with lots of well thought… Cons: didn't recognize key workers and compensate them did not manage budgets… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Database Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros: Low stress..ie Govt. contract and learn new technology Cons: Lots of politics and the Pay fro the D.C. are… Advice to Senior Management: It turns over to much Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kratos Defense & Security Solutions.

Worked for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions CEO Eric M. DeMarco. All reviews posted anonymously by Kratos Defense & Security Solutions employees.