Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Five Years of Opportunity and Exposure to Tier 1 Developers

Former Employee - Data Warehouse Engineer in Springfield, VA
Former Employee - Data Warehouse Engineer in Springfield, VA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Over the five years between 2006 - 2011, as an Engineer, I worked on 3 contracts and gain a lot of experience. My business manager was aggressive, fair and provided opportunity to shine and supported training funds for personal development. While at KRATOS, upper management did a great job with benefits (pay raises were fair in the beginning and then went flat in 2010 & 2011).

Cons

KRATOS has gone through many growing pains and depending on your current manager and contract. Like many DOD contractors, you are only viable if you are billable. With all the acquisitions, the company has had a lot of turnover, but that happens in a growing company in DOD.

Keep growing, but do not lose sight of the value of your employees on-site with the client.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (View Most Recent)

Never felt like an employee of the company but they did pay well and have nice benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits including health care, dental and even free vision. 401K matching at 4.5% after being full vested was a bonus. Friendly employees and co-workers. Paid well, at least for my job as a government contractor. Free set of four Padres tickets every year for one game for all employees.

Cons

Lack of communication from the management. Provided no training that would have made me qualified for other positions within the company. No new work for current employees and many lay-offfs. The best employees tended to leave for other companies, leaving new people in positions such as HR and finance. Company stock at a all time low.

Find more work in San Diego. Expand on current work instead of buying more small companies. Keep your employees more informed about the company. Don't tell employees how well the company is doing when the stock price says otherwise.

a corporate raider

Former Employee - I Cannot Share My Job and Maintain Anonymity in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - I Cannot Share My Job and Maintain Anonymity in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the benefits were good. I don't have anything else good to say.

Cons

My department was run by people who didn't know what they were doing, and treated the people who DID know what they were doing poorly. Now, the people who did the work are laid off and the managers are still there. What could they be doing?

Treat the worker bees like the assets they are, and don't let managers run amuck.

There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions