Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Toxic environment

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company got me up and running with all the supplies, software, computer and permissions I needed within a week of starting, nice break room, could make your own hours as long as you completed your work & did the minimum 40 hrs per week

Cons

Very poor communication, if you weren't in management you knew there were secret meetings going on that you were not invited to, unrealistic deadlines, management turned a blind eye to any process improvements, lots of layoffs and not many potential contracts in the pipeline, good employees left, bad managers stayed on??? No training or opportunity to change positions

Be honest with employees, communicate, say No to unrealistic deadlines - giving a crappy product on-schedule means nothing, improve image to win new contracts

36 Other Employee Reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (View Most Recent)

Five Years of Opportunity and Exposure to Tier 1 Developers

Former Employee - Data Warehouse Engineer  in  Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Data Warehouse Engineer in Springfield, VA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Over the five years between 2006 - 2011, as an Engineer, I worked on 3 contracts and gain a lot of experience. My business manager was aggressive, fair and provided opportunity to shine and supported training funds for personal development. While at KRATOS, upper management did a great job with benefits (pay raises were fair in the beginning and then went flat in 2010 & 2011).

Cons

KRATOS has gone through many growing pains and depending on your current manager and contract. Like many DOD contractors, you are only viable if you are billable. With all the acquisitions, the company has had a lot of turnover, but that happens in a growing company in DOD.

Keep growing, but do not lose sight of the value of your employees on-site with the client.

Never felt like an employee of the company but they did pay well and have nice benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits including health care, dental and even free vision. 401K matching at 4.5% after being full vested was a bonus. Friendly employees and co-workers. Paid well, at least for my job as a government contractor. Free set of four Padres tickets every year for one game for all employees.

Cons

Lack of communication from the management. Provided no training that would have made me qualified for other positions within the company. No new work for current employees and many lay-offfs. The best employees tended to leave for other companies, leaving new people in positions such as HR and finance. Company stock at a all time low.

Find more work in San Diego. Expand on current work instead of buying more small companies. Keep your employees more informed about the company. Don't tell employees how well the company is doing when the stock price says otherwise.

There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Worked for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions? Contribute to the Community!