Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

www.kratosdefense.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

A good company that went downhill due to mismanagement.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros

Up until a few years ago everyone worked as a team. Communication was good and you felt like you were part of a family.

Cons

To get a promotion, you had to be a complete screw up.
Loyalty and hard work was never recognized.

Advice to Management

Start from scratch and get rid of all DEI management.
The company is top heavy in management and high salaries.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great work, unstable management

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in All (Spain)
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in All (Spain)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with great people, travel to really interesting sites.

Cons

Some of the people that are workers as mock managers are stuck in a military/college mentality with hazing and publicly chastising seen as a way for them to look better. Managers hid information and objectives, thus surprising the talent continuously. Most decisions were based on what they were told, and not what they observed.

Advice to Management

You are laying off and 'firing' people that you shouldn't, and keeping people you shouldn't. Don't promote a new methodology to use every few months, it betrays your inexperience and lack of industry expertise/wisdom as to how to tell if something will/is working.

Used and dumped

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time

Pros

Steady stream of work, company is doing well financially, expanding

Cons

To begin with, the chain of command is very messed up. I had no immediate supervisor to report to, and the person that was listed as my 'boss' knew nothing about my department or line of work and only checked in on me once every couple of weeks. However, I realize that some companies work well with this type of structure. That is not my main complaint.

I was hired on a temporary basis, but about a month into my employment my higher ups started giving me very encouraging words that they had won a contract and were about to bring in a BUNCH of more workers, so I'd be a shoe-in for being brought on permanently. These words of encouragement continued throughout the duration of my employment, and they fully gave the impression that I was pretty much good as permanent.

Three months in we had a massive multi-week effort to move from our crappy warehouse building to a big fancy new custom-built building across town. They sent out a seating chart for the new building and my name was curiously missing. I assumed this was because I was currently a Temp and had them pencil me into an empty cubicle. Like everybody else in the company I did my part to pack up stuff, move stuff, unload stuff at the new building, and hook stuff up. Everybody was very excited and we couldn't wait to start our new life in a fancy new location.

On the first day we were in our new building, after I had unpacked, hooked up all of the equipment in my cubicle and started to settle in, I was informed that I was being laid off immediately.

No words to describe the sense of betrayal.

Advice to Management

Employees are not tools, they are assets.