Krispy Kreme

www.krispykreme.com

If I could go back in time and decline the offer, I would

Retail (Current Employee)

ProsFree donuts, friendly co-workers, decent pay.
The best thing about this job are the two works that I occasionally get scheduled with who have been here long enough to know exactly what's wrong and what needs to be done. They really should be the managers, but nope.
Other than that, 6 free donuts a shift IF you seriously feel like eating donuts after you serve them to crabby customers all day.

ConsManagement doesn't follow franchise rules, way understaffed
I like the Krispy Kreme environment, but unfortunately there are way too many cons than pros. The biggest problem with working at Krispy Kreme is that they are very understaffed. They only have 3 employees running the entire front of the store AND the drive through (which gets SUPER busy). One person is responsible for the drive through window and customers always come through and order assorted donuts, which means you have to help the person at the speaker and take their order of their special donuts all while you help the person who's sitting at the window. There aren't enough people in the front. They should have two people who stay at the register and two people who box donuts, but no, that's not how it is. I have been working here for about a month now and have already seen several people walk out because there are too many customers and not enough employees to help them in a timely manner. In my opinion, they should sacrifice the 20 dollars an hour and hire two more employees to help, even if it was just on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays--that would be a start.

The training is awful. They say you have two weeks of training, but really it's more like 4 days where they push everything on you and tell you to finish the work book at home. I'm not a high school student, I don't need homework. That's what WORK is for. I was shoved into doing drive through on the busiest day of the week with only some help for a few hours.

One of the thing that bugs me most about this job is a coworker I have who happens to be an office manager who breaks franchise/company rules all the time. She comes in on her days off wearing non slip-resistant shoes, makes her family specialty drinks for free and acts like a micro-manager even when she's not on duty. It specifically says not do those things in the handbook, but I guess because she's some sort of "manager" those rules don't apply to her. I've considered calling the team member hotline and asking them what to do about it, but I really would just like to leave work at work, so I haven't yet. She's not even the GM, but nobody has the nerve to say anything to her, not even the multi-unit manager or GM. Whatever, though, nobody really likes her.

Overall, I wish I wouldn't have taken this job. It's so disorganized and the wrong people are in the management positions. The stores are understaffed, employees are overworked, and management is backwards. Plus, you have to deal with grumpy people all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees so stores aren't understaffed, and instead of observing employees, observe managers as well.

Alright Place for the Pay

I have been working at Krispy Kreme

Pros: They start you off making well over minimum wage if… Cons: My store manager tends to hire anyone who applies, this has led to us having employees who have no idea what they're doing and end… Advice to Senior Management: Don't hire anyone who walks through the door, and use common sense when hiring people. Get used to the idea that more than a few… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Krispy Kreme made me chub out.

I have been working at Krispy Kreme

Pros: Super friendly place. I liked the people and the… Cons: I gained 15 lbs working there for the summer which really sucked. I wish… More
There are newer reviews on Krispy Kreme.

Worked for Krispy Kreme? Contribute to the Community!