Krispy Kreme
www.krispykreme.com Winston-Salem, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bad Awful Worse

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
Kansas City, KS

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than a year

ProsFree doughnuts throughout the day and free soda, anything else you must purchase, there is a 50% discount if you work there.

ConsDepending on how reliable your managers are at your location is how good of a job this is. We went through over nine managers in less than four months. We were always missing something and having to borrow it from our sister stores. There was one point in time where we were missing napkins, straws, lids, and boxes for the doughnuts. Whenever you run low on doughnuts a lot of the customers don't understand that it isn't magic. If the planning isn't done correctly and you run short on original glazed you also run short on anything that comes from the original glazed (chocolate iced, chocolate iced with sprinkles etc.) What you may not understand when you get this job is that this is a small factory that supplies a large majority of the doughnuts in your area. So the doughnuts must be caught and packaged while they run down that line, with that comes load out (making sure each route gets the amount of doughnuts they need) and stickering boxes. You may think a business like this the boxes would come ready to go, but they don't. They have old school stickering guns in which you may get stuck stickering well over 500 boxes a night. I would say this job was much more enjoyable before I got promoted and was in charge of everything that would go wrong because my manager wouldn't always order the things we need. Great job if you are still in school they will work with you on your schedule and if you work hard you can go far. If you plan to make it to shift supervisor status or above it would be better for you to be someone who has really thick skin and can easily handle all the drama thrown your way.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to FULLY train your supervisors and managers instead of just throwing them out to the wolves.

I loved my coworkers but I hated working for Krispy Kreme

Production Associate (Former Employee)
Greenville, SC

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time for less than a year

Pros: Amazing coworkers and customers. Close proximity to my home those… Cons: Terrible policies, unrealistic expectations for production associates. I worked many… Advice to Senior Management: Take a more active role in what is going on. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It is very boring to work there

Team Member (Current Employee)
Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Krispy Kreme part-time for more than a year

Pros: good pay nice customers closes at 10 and 11 Cons: bad management bad hours not enough hours sometimes Advice to Senior Management: fix it More

There are newer reviews on Krispy Kreme.

Worked for Krispy Kreme? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Krispy Kreme reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Krispy Kreme CEO Jim Morgan. All reviews posted anonymously by Krispy Kreme employees.