Krispy Kreme
www.krispykreme.com Winston-Salem, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

It's been real.

Shift Lead (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

Pros$10 an hour for a shift lead is pretty impressive, to me. Interview was easy, just be personable and pass the drug test. Everyone I worked directly with has been pleasant, I worked at a production store and a "hot shop". Doughnuts are the best around. Our coffee is fantastic, too. The management in my area (they own the stores in Brandon, Fl. Avenue, Kennedy Blvd., Lakeland, and Palm Harbor) has just undergone some changes, and most of them seem really good. I am hearing we will be opening more stores soon. There seems to be room to move up in the company, people have an opportunity to go from a retail member to a shift lead to store manager with a lot of hard work and that is something I admire a lot in a company.

ConsI hate khakis and white polos. So. Much. And the coffee stains our shirts so easily. So that's a bummer.

The first store I worked at (for almost a year before transferring) was in a shady part of town and almost every single customer was rude, nasty, and just trying to get something for free. I have never been treated the way those customers treated me, and I have held several customer service jobs. I had to call the police on more than one occasion. So that was terrible. Though this is more a "con" about the human race moreso than the company.

The two stores I did work at didn't have any sort of method of systematically giving reviews or raises, so that's something that threw me off because other places I've worked had a set way about doing it. I know people who have been working here for years without any sort of raise, and that's unfortunate.

There's definitely some miscommunication about coupons and other procedures. We are told not to accept expired coupons but to also make sure the customer leaves happy, and it seems impossible to find a balance there. I'm so used to customers trying to scam me that I do not ever accept a questionable coupon, which typically has been the right way to go, but I have coworkers who've been written up upon receiving customer complaints when all they did was follow that same rule.

I asked a few times about getting on the health insurance with this company but no one has actually told me what to do and that's a little annoying, I wish they would send out a packet when you're hired on full time or something.

Analyst

Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits are great; Medical, Dental & vision; Flex, vacation, community… Cons: Responsibilities of Job Title vs Pay Scale Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within; Advancement of employees within the organization; Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Bad Awful Worse

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, KS

I worked at Krispy Kreme full-time for more than a year

Pros: Free doughnuts throughout the day and free soda, anything else you… Cons: Depending on how reliable your managers are at your location is how good of a job this is. We went through over nine managers in… Advice to Senior Management: Take the time to FULLY train your supervisors and managers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Krispy Kreme.

Worked for Krispy Kreme? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Krispy Kreme reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Krispy Kreme CEO Jim Morgan. All reviews posted anonymously by Krispy Kreme employees.