There are newer employer reviews for Krispy Kreme

Impossible to not love the job, selling delicious hot doughnuts to happy customers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Customers are happy to come into the store 90% of the time. The support team from Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation is awesome. They provide great training materials and are available by phone or email for just about anything. The company promotes from within as much as possible and reward good employees with salary raises and praise.

Cons

The 10% of not so happy customers can be a drag but luckily it isn't often. It's no fun to smile when a customer is griping about something but it can be fun to try to change their attitude through friendliness and accomdation. I also don't like smelling like a doughnut when I leave -- but there are worse things to smell like! :)

Advice to Management

Continue selling those amazing hot glazed doughnuts and support your employees!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's been real.

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$10 an hour for a shift lead is pretty impressive, to me. Interview was easy, just be personable and pass the drug test. Everyone I worked directly with has been pleasant, I worked at a production store and a "hot shop". Doughnuts are the best around. Our coffee is fantastic, too. The management in my area (they own the stores in Brandon, Fl. Avenue, Kennedy Blvd., Lakeland, and Palm Harbor) has just undergone some changes, and most of them seem really good. I am hearing we will be opening more stores soon. There seems to be room to move up in the company, people have an opportunity to go from a retail member to a shift lead to store manager with a lot of hard work and that is something I admire a lot in a company.

Cons

I hate khakis and white polos. So. Much. And the coffee stains our shirts so easily. So that's a bummer.

The first store I worked at (for almost a year before transferring) was in a shady part of town and almost every single customer was rude, nasty, and just trying to get something for free. I have never been treated the way those customers treated me, and I have held several customer service jobs. I had to call the police on more than one occasion. So that was terrible. Though this is more a "con" about the human race moreso than the company.

The two stores I did work at didn't have any sort of method of systematically giving reviews or raises, so that's something that threw me off because other places I've worked had a set way about doing it. I know people who have been working here for years without any sort of raise, and that's unfortunate.

There's definitely some miscommunication about coupons and other procedures. We are told not to accept expired coupons but to also make sure the customer leaves happy, and it seems impossible to find a balance there. I'm so used to customers trying to scam me that I do not ever accept a questionable coupon, which typically has been the right way to go, but I have coworkers who've been written up upon receiving customer complaints when all they did was follow that same rule.

I asked a few times about getting on the health insurance with this company but no one has actually told me what to do and that's a little annoying, I wish they would send out a packet when you're hired on full time or something.

2. Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Krispy Kreme full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great; Medical, Dental & vision; Flex, vacation, community service days etc.

Cons

Responsibilities of Job Title vs Pay Scale

Advice to Management

Promote from within; Advancement of employees within the organization;