Kroger

www.kroger.com

So far this is the first job in 4 years that I have has that I like going to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Blue Ash, OH
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Blue Ash, OH

Pros

Very nice atmosphere to work in. Friendly People. The facilities are very nice. They work hard to donate to charities which is very nice.

Cons

Many people start out as temp agents and it may take a while to become perminant. The traing is well done.

I would like to set down with my manager when my temp time is over to talk about future opertunities with the company. They may do this, I'm not sure. I've just been there a month.

Other reviews for Kroger

Very Interesting

Current Employee - Internal Auditoread Fuel Clerk  in  Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Internal Auditoread Fuel Clerk in Saginaw, MI

Pros

Management seems to care and everyone works good together

Cons

No benefits in the Fuel Center

Stressful, with no quality of life/job balance.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pueblo, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Pros

Large convenience store chain that is owned by Krogers, so there is stability.

Cons

Customer service is suppose to be driven by the Kroger theme "Customer 1st in everything we do from the decisions we make to actions we take" but they are words only, not the culture of the company. Disconnected corporate that has no understanding of store job requirements. Collusionary practices from executives expecting only "yes" employees, and showing favoritism to those that are. Pay starts at minimum, and is only allowed a max increase of two percent yearly, or .15 cents. At that it takes store management submitting the increase, corporate approval, and payroll processing, that takes weeks to be active, if approved. Nobody at store level knows if it is approved or when, which creates stress.

Get real people, with genuine interest in the business in the corporate office, instead of the screw everyone for personal gain ones that cover each others back, and start respecting the people at store level that are the ones that meet the customer face to face, and pay them fairly instead of as cheap as you can.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!