Kroger
3.0 of 5 1,357 reviews
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

DO NOT WORK HERE!

Deli Clerk (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsJeans Friday.
Uniform shirt is a decent color.

Cons*Management has no idea what they're doing.
*Hour cuts with no explanation as to why.
*Poor training. I was trained wrong THREE TIMES.
*Lack of communication between supervisors and management.
*They work on seniority, so while you make basically nothing as a new employee, you also get the last pick on hours. So people who have been there longer and make more money than you, also get more/better hours.
*They aren't above wrongful dismissals. I was fired after I broke three toes at home; than fed some BS reason as to why they fired me.
*Management has absolutely no respect for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need new management. You're stores are run with nothing but chaos and ignorance. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.

I despise my job every single day, yes, even my off days.

Warehouse (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I have been working at Kroger

Pros: Steady job. The food industry is a safe line of work - Just think, everyone needs to eat! Job security. Great… Cons: Management is incompetent and dishonest/disrespectful to each other as well as employees Little/Poor training The hours are brutal Forget about balancing work and life schedules! Vacation must be taken… Advice to Senior Management: You've got a lot of work to do to get this place in order. GOOD LUCK! I have been to other Kroger… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Ok....just don't make it permanent

Memphis, TN

I have been working at Kroger

Pros: The schedule is made pretty good. I get enough to… Cons: Customers suck in retail generally anyway, but when they are continuously… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.