Kroger

DO NOT WORK HERE!

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Seattle, WA

I worked at Kroger

Pros

Jeans Friday.
Uniform shirt is a decent color.

Cons

*Management has no idea what they're doing.
*Hour cuts with no explanation as to why.
*Poor training. I was trained wrong THREE TIMES.
*Lack of communication between supervisors and management.
*They work on seniority, so while you make basically nothing as a new employee, you also get the last pick on hours. So people who have been there longer and make more money than you, also get more/better hours.
*They aren't above wrongful dismissals. I was fired after I broke three toes at home; than fed some BS reason as to why they fired me.
*Management has absolutely no respect for employees.

You need new management. You're stores are run with nothing but chaos and ignorance. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.

1736 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

I despise my job every single day, yes, even my off days.

Current Employee - Warehouse in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Kroger

Pros

Steady job. The food industry is a safe line of work - Just think, everyone needs to eat! Job security.
    Great business plan
    Corporate strategy is well planned
    Significant market share
    The place has gotten better since I've been there (not implying that I, personally, made the difference)

Cons

Management is incompetent and dishonest/disrespectful to each other as well as employees
    Little/Poor training
    The hours are brutal
    Forget about balancing work and life schedules!
    Vacation must be taken a full week at a time - 2 weeks a year until you've been there 5 years
    If your mom dies, expect to get written up for missing a day - cause you won't be allowed to take the day off (unless it happens to fall during one of your weeks off)
    Irrational expectations - want you to do everything, but not give you the necessary resources
    Significant turnover, both in supervision and warehouse personnel - Surprised?
    It is OK to cuss out your supervisor, everybody does it! - Very unprofessional environment

You've got a lot of work to do to get this place in order. GOOD LUCK! I have been to other Kroger Distribution Centers and this is by far the worst-managed establishment. I really like what I do, but I have chosen to do it elsewhere!

Its a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Kroger

Pros

You get a paycheck, thats about it

Cons

Lack of communication from management. No upward mobility. Not enough time or.employees to conplete tasks. Tiny pay check, no raises.

Talk to employees. Give them feedback

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger