Kroger

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Fun and easy job!!

Former Employee - Night Stocker in Lagrange, KY
Former Employee - Night Stocker in Lagrange, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best union I have ever worked under. Opportunity to move up in the company. Easy work and good pay.

Cons

If I had to say something negative about Kroger, it would have to be that I worked stock crew at night and if trucks got there late then chances are we would have to stay late. Sometimes it was a good thing, most of the time it was a bad thing.

1731 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Could be a lot better.

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Kroger part-time

Pros

Pay was better than another place I worked. Hired me immediately after the business I worked at previously closed down. They told me I would receive at least 20 hours a week and I usually received more than that. Most customers and coworkers were nice and easy to get along with. Were reasonable about scheduling days off.

Cons

They were extremely unclear about whether they were firing me or laying me off. They made me feel as if I was in the wrong for going to the hospital after a car accident on my way to work, counting it against me and eventually causing me to lose my job with them. On several occasions, I had a few managers get upset with me when a line of customers would form at the counter (my coworker usually assured me that she could handle them) and tell me that I needed to stop what I was doing and help the customers without first washing my hands and changing my apron after using cleaning supplies. Some managers would get upset with us about not keeping the deli open till we were scheduled to leave, but would then get more upset that we weren't leaving on time because we had to finish our cleaning after close.

Teach your managers proper food safety codes. It's a bit ridiculous to be told that I am not allowed to wash my hands and apron before helping customers after handling chemicals that could potentially get on their food and make them sick. Also consider that making someone feel as if it was wrong to go to a hospital after getting into a car accident is completely unacceptable.

Kroger is a stable company that works toward healthy sustained growth.

Current Employee - Grocery Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Grocery Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Kroger Co. values offers good benefits, the opportunity to advance. They have many training opportunities. They also provide retirement benefits.

Cons

They have a 3 tier hiring practice that is unfair. Poor holiday pay and don't offer the same level of benefits to all employees. They expect total loyalty but don't respect employees with the same level of loyalty from the company. Poor pay raises.

Be less stingy with your pocket book. No matter what your research tells you employees need to have good holiday pay, more ample vacation time and enough hours to do their jobs to reduce the stress level.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger