There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

It was stressful.

Former Employee - Customer Service Clerk in South Bend, IN
Former Employee - Customer Service Clerk in South Bend, IN

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Union, provide uniforms, provide training, somewhat flexible on scheduling. There were somewhat flexible with my school schedule but not very much.

Cons

Unrewarding, degrading, stressful, high turn over rate. I missed a lot of family events because of the job. The hours were very inconsistent and I had a hard time adjusting my sleep schedule because of it. They made me work 35 hours a week and close the store at age 18 all by myself. I felt really stressed to take over delegation of breaks and lunches and rarely had time to get my work done. I once had to operate the UScan from the customer service desk because the cashier quit on me as the store was closing for the night.

It feels like all the people they hire for hourly positions are very uneducated and give the store a bad reputation. Especially with the high turn over rate, there never is really a friendly familiar face at the cash register.

1614 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

it was an experience to work there

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

learning what people want to buy in a grocery store

Cons

little pay to start off

be more creative

Kroger was by far the worst experience I had at an employer ever.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Kroger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its a steady paycheck as long as you show up to work. The benifits are ok as long as you never need to see a doctor for anything serious.

Cons

Management does not take anyone below them seriously and they never compliment people for doing a good job. They don't want to work people when customers want them around. People are always fighting over hours because the company is always cutting them, even though sales are consistantly going up.

Take advice from the people that work for you seriously and stop pretending like you know whats best for the customers, since none of you ever talk to them. You need to value your employees' personal lives and stop forcing everyone to work every single weekend day. I do like to go to church and spend time with my loved ones too.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger