Kroger
3.0 of 5 1,195 reviews
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Benefits and pay decrease with time.

Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee)
Mountain Green, UT

I worked at Kroger

ProsThe overall pay was very competitive and the benefits including health, vacation, and retirement were very good when I started ten years ago, but when I left; there was no retirement and the health insurance had gone from being completely employer paid for, to costing $150/month.

ConsThere is little room for growth because the company is very political in promoting management. An education or continuing education is not valued. The hours are long and variable. Some weeks you can work 60 hours and the next week 20. The busiest times are around holidays, which are when most people want time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue hardwork and education.

Kroger is Great!

Analyst (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kroger

Pros: A company that continues to grow and is 2nd in the nation in sales (next to Walmart). If you look for open jobs and have… Cons: I have not personally seen too much of a downside. When I did work in… Advice to Senior Management: I would say that the coverage of Kroger throughout the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Empire building is having a negative effect on a significant portion of the business.

Team Member (Current Employee)
Dothan, AL

I have been working at Kroger

Pros: The company is very stable in this rocky economy. The local site I work at has respect for its employees and is very conscientious about… Cons: Lack of consistency or communications. Poorly thought out initiatives are inflicted on business… Advice to Senior Management: Kroger has a solid performing division in its Manufacturing businesses, but unfortunately technology decisions are being made without regard to the negative impact they will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO David B. Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.