Kroger

www.kroger.com
  www.kroger.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Unhappy with my time at Krogers

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Richmond, MI
Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Richmond, MI

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My 75 dollar weekly pay checks were better than nothing.. not much though

Cons

-Union
-Terrible hours
-Incompetent management
-Union
-No benefits
-Lazy co-workers
-Union

The worst part about working at Krogers is being required to join the union (I wish Michigan was a right to work state). As with most union jobs, the harder you work the more they expect out of you, yet if you're a lazy employee they expect little from you and won't fire you. They gave me 6 hour shifts so that they wouldn't have to give me any benefits. I was making bare minimum wage 7.40 an hour plus union dues, so I actually made below minimum wage, even though I had previous experience working in my field. None of the managers had any idea what they were doing. They had no idea how to schedule shifts. Some weeks I would work a total of 6 hours, other weeks i'd work 30 hours. They show no appreciation towards their (hard working) employees. I will NEVER work for a unionized company again.

Learn how to do your job. Start showing your employees some appreciation.

1735 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Your typical retail/food service workplace, it is what it is.

Current Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on where you are hired in the stores your schedule can be pretty flexible. The benefits are decent compared to similar jobs, but are unfortunately getting worse with every contract renewal with the local Union.

Cons

In order for customers to come first, the employee needs to come first. Very sales driven company. To the point where the customer is always right even when completely wrong.

There's been a lot of drama and suspicious activities within the upper management crowd and that stuff trickles down to the employees setting a bad example. I feel that this hinders their ability to enforce workplace regulations and maintain order.

I have worked for Kroger Pharmacy for over 3 years now at several locations and do not feel adequately appreciated.

Current Employee - Registered Pharmacy Technician in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Pharmacy Technician in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount and on sale items are fantastic and you meet all sorts of different people - they are very diversified.

Cons

As a register pharmacy technician you must fill the positions of both front-end cashier and that of a healthcare professional. Customers are generally unappreciative of the how much extra effort you must put in to ensure top quality healthcare in a sometimes understaffed environment.

Pay the pharmacy technicians more - they have to deal with all the cashier level issues that arise, as well as the healthcare side of business. We are responsible for the privacy and quality of life of our customers, and we have to catch Dr. errors on prescriptions as well as looking out of the health and well-being of our patients. We are the bridge between patient, doctor, and insurance company and it is our responsibility to correct errors along the process and catch mistakes before the patient begins therapy. We are the medical profession's last line of defense against addicts, forgeries, misfilled prescriptions and improper therapy. Every position in the pharmacy is responsible for this and when you add grocery cashier to the job description $9.15 in GA is not enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger