Kroger

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

I LOVED MY JOB

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Englewood, OH
Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Englewood, OH

I worked at Kroger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved working at Kroger because I loved the customers. Without the customers I would not have a job. I loved the opportunities of being challenged everyday that I worked, and the people I worked with.

Cons

Sometimes being the "low man on the totem pole" I would have to call other locations to pick up my hours. I was extremely blessed to have a job.

They are doing great in my personal opinion, however have more opportunities for advancement (promotions).

1928 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Very relaxed management.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Conway, AR

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The management is very nice, and will work with your schedule. You aren't forced to cater to unruly or rude customers.

Cons

Some co-workers needed to be fired but were allowed to continue their employment. Very fast paced work, very high stress. Needs more staff.

Employee face-to-face reviews. Don't sacrifice employee stress levels for monetary gains.

Inefficient

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Keller, TX

I have been working at Kroger full-time (less than a year)

Pros

10% discount on Kroger brand merchandise
    20% on Fred Meyer Jewelery

Cons

Store management is not communicative with hourly staff, and encounters are always negative, this drives down morale.
    Management also deliberately short-staffs
    The inventory system is egregiously obsolete, and under the current model over-orders are a common occurrence. Additionally sale merchandise is not separated out and given priority, this leads to unnecessarily disgruntled customers.

A district level recruiter for hourly employees is unnecessary and it leads to employees walking into their assignments without situational awareness, and it's just a wasteful misuse of capital.

The Inventory system needs modernization ASAP, the current model is not sustainable and smaller stores in Marketplace districts are suffering from a customer base drop.

Management needs to employ better communication skills with hourly staff, there are far too many blunt and poorly communicative managers this is driving up employee turnover and driving down morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger