Kroger
3.0 of 5 1,195 reviews
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

All-in-all, an okay place to work.

Produce Clerk (Former Employee)
Athens, OH

I worked at Kroger part-time for less than a year

ProsMost of my coworkers were easy to work with. Managers were willing to accommodate school schedules, which was very important in a college town. Having the employee discount was also a plus.

ConsThe pay wasn't that great for the amount of work I often had to do during a shift, not including often being pulled out of the department to run the register then having to pick up the slack later. Some managers had a very high-and-mighty attitude. Others didn't realize the shortage issues in some departments and were annoyed when work wasn't being done to their specifications.

Additionally, employees with higher seniority often took hours from the schedules of those with lower seniority. This, however, is more of the union's fault, I think.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers at the store level need to be more aware of things like shortages in departments due to last-minute sick calls, etc., and realize that often, employees are doing the very best they can with what they have.

Good steady paycheck

Co-Manager (Current Employee)
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you enjoy working with people, building people up, and… Cons: Compensation is not as high as some comparable companies. Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Can be rewarding depending on district placed in

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: very comprehensive management training and experience. The company really does focus on developing… Cons: long hours at times and they are not always in line with having a "normal… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO David B. Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.