There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Kroger was by far the worst experience I had at an employer ever.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Kroger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a steady paycheck as long as you show up to work. The benifits are ok as long as you never need to see a doctor for anything serious.

Cons

Management does not take anyone below them seriously and they never compliment people for doing a good job. They don't want to work people when customers want them around. People are always fighting over hours because the company is always cutting them, even though sales are consistantly going up.

Advice to Management

Take advice from the people that work for you seriously and stop pretending like you know whats best for the customers, since none of you ever talk to them. You need to value your employees' personal lives and stop forcing everyone to work every single weekend day. I do like to go to church and spend time with my loved ones too.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Kroger Hires you on with "union benefits" but call the union when your rights get violated there went your job.

Former Employee - Frozen Food Stocker in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Frozen Food Stocker in Arlington, TX

I worked at Kroger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

its a great place just dont buy into the union Crap. cuz if you call the union , the union calls the store and tells them everything you told them then you lose your job within a week.

Cons

Corrupt management, Fraud Union, management lacks communication amongst each other, False promises to make you work harder, and they will frame you if they want you gone. Also Never received my 2nd to last paycheck, they skipped right over it. now im gonna have to deal with corperate on the phone getting it fixed.

Advice to Management

You make a Salary.. that doesnt mean every 15 minutes you can go outside and smoke a Cigarette. (store 695) especially when your city has a ban you have to be 50 feet away from any business to smoke cigarette. these managers propped the receiving door open and smoked within 5 feet of the building.. Us non smokers do not like the Receiving area to smell like cigarettes every time we have to go back there, And smokers who arent on a salary only get 2-15 minute breaks And dont need to be tempted by the smell of a cigg every time they enter receiving area. also they never follow Key Retailing rules until they know a big boss is coming for a visit. otherwise they really don't do things to standards. its really sad i was a part of this company, loved it and every one of my co-workers only to be stabbed in the back by management. I was the one person who came there to WORK not mess around all day, management took advantage of that and made me their personal errand boy while they smoked cigarettes i practically did their job for them, for no extra pay. got sick of it and they were trying to set me up so id get fired so i resigned with my dignity.

Your typical retail/food service workplace, it is what it is.

Current Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on where you are hired in the stores your schedule can be pretty flexible. The benefits are decent compared to similar jobs, but are unfortunately getting worse with every contract renewal with the local Union.

Cons

In order for customers to come first, the employee needs to come first. Very sales driven company. To the point where the customer is always right even when completely wrong.

Advice to Management

There's been a lot of drama and suspicious activities within the upper management crowd and that stuff trickles down to the employees setting a bad example. I feel that this hinders their ability to enforce workplace regulations and maintain order.