Kroger
3.0 of 5 1,361 reviews
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

It can be frustrating, but it is what you make it.

Clerk (Current Employee)
North Atlanta, GA

Pros*Paid weekly
*You get a sense of family, and it's easy to make friends
*There are ample opportunities to advance.
*You will get enough hours if you can prove you can work your butt off.
*The discount also helps if you have a family
* Employee appreciation month
* On Major holidays, sometimes there will be free food in the break room.

Cons*Low Pay

* Key Retailing

*Union, while I suppose it can be a nice trump card if you were gonna get canned or something, it really outweighs it's usefulness. By this I mean the pay rate contracts "negotiated" in your division. In my division you get a nickel raise every six months, if you want to move up in the company and lets say become a department back up, then you get a 40 cent raise, and in my opinion that doesn't compensate for all the things you will be responsible for.

*Scumbag Customers, there is a difference between a customer that is actually disgruntled and wants to return/exchange an item and a person that pretends like they're the most loyal sentient being ever and then they blow the store to hell and back over a $0.10 discrepancy on their receipt.

Advice to Senior Management*Stop micromanaging as much, it really effects an employee's morale when you say things like "This needs to be done, and you need to finish this when you close" and then you just walk off and sit in your office. LEAD BY EXAMPLE, you'll earn the employee's respect AND the job will get done.

*Recognize hard work by personnel, it lets us know we are doing a good job AND we will have a better understanding of what we need to improve on.

* Re- "Negotiate" a better pay rate for store associates, it used to be you could top out as a clerk after 4 years, now it takes 6 years. Why should we take less pay, when we can do the exact same thing at i.e. Publix, Ingles, or Food Lion for more pay.

Ok

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
    Loganville, GA

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexible with schedule. can work at multiple locations. Benifits for… Cons: the salary is not that great Advice to Senior Management: increase pay Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great old Kroger!

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Austell, GA

I worked at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great company to grow in. Self identity. Cons: Part time have short work days, 4-6hrs a day. Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.