There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Kroger

Current Employee - Front End Clerk  in  Smyrna, TN
Current Employee - Front End Clerk in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Kroger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything about Kroger is amazing.

Cons

Nothing about Kroger is bad.

Keep doing what you do. It is definitely working.

1521 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Kroger Hires you on with "union benefits" but call the union when your rights get violated there went your job.

Former Employee - Frozen Food Stocker  in  Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Frozen Food Stocker in Arlington, TX

I worked at Kroger full-time for less than a year

Pros

its a great place just dont buy into the union Crap. cuz if you call the union , the union calls the store and tells them everything you told them then you lose your job within a week.

Cons

Corrupt management, Fraud Union, management lacks communication amongst each other, False promises to make you work harder, and they will frame you if they want you gone. Also Never received my 2nd to last paycheck, they skipped right over it. now im gonna have to deal with corperate on the phone getting it fixed.

You make a Salary.. that doesnt mean every 15 minutes you can go outside and smoke a Cigarette. (store 695) especially when your city has a ban you have to be 50 feet away from any business to smoke cigarette. these managers propped the receiving door open and smoked within 5 feet of the building.. Us non smokers do not like the Receiving area to smell like cigarettes every time we have to go back there, And smokers who arent on a salary only get 2-15 minute breaks And dont need to be tempted by the smell of a cigg every time they enter receiving area. also they never follow Key Retailing rules until they know a big boss is coming for a visit. otherwise they really don't do things to standards. its really sad i was a part of this company, loved it and every one of my co-workers only to be stabbed in the back by management. I was the one person who came there to WORK not mess around all day, management took advantage of that and made me their personal errand boy while they smoked cigarettes i practically did their job for them, for no extra pay. got sick of it and they were trying to set me up so id get fired so i resigned with my dignity.

Like every job, it has its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time for more than a year

Pros

10% Employee Discount on all Kroger Brand items
    Family atmosphere (depending on store)
    Corporate discounts at several other companies such as gym memberships, online education, and jewelers
    Student tuition reimbursement program and other scholarship opportunities
    Plenty of advancement opportunities
    Easy to transfer

Cons

Customer service
    Few pay raises
    Late shifts are common with 24 hour stores
    Standing on feet all day
    Short breaks

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!