There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Pharmacy

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Covington, KY
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Covington, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in the pharmacy during college. If you are trying to get into pharmacy school this is a good job for experience. You can pretty much take time of whenever needed.

Cons

Working exclusively with other college kids is not a professional environment. Working at a pharmacy is stressful, it is almost always busy, people are at their worst when they are sick. Physicians and insurance companies make mistakes all the time and you will get blamed for it 100% of the time.

Management is fine. You are secluded from the store so its as if the pharmacy is not governed by the store managers.

1521 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor  in  Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Spring, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, I didn't make it past my 2 month probation, before I was promoted to Floor Supervisor.

Cons

Floor supervisor is a No-raise promotion, you are not moved to full time immediately because there are thousands of employees ahead of you waiting for full time employment

Give those who worked hard, no matter how long they been their, the hours and pay they deserve

Too much asked of Store Managment and the pay is a joke...

Current Employee - Co-Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Co-Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Kroger is a Fortune 500 company. That's about where it ends.

Cons

Upper management, district level up to and including executive, thinks way too highly of themselves and the company. Company has never had an original idea, let alone an original idea that works(ed). Compares itself to Publix and Walmart WAY too much. Every initiative ever rolled out has been a global FAILURE. But they company has invested way too much, spoke of it too highly, and crammed it down too many throats to take the mulligan. Also super afraid of upsetting a customer even when they are clearly in the wrong and trying to scam you. My new approach..."I don't give a darn...it's Kroger's money and Kroger's groceries! Give it to them!".

RETIRE...Oh and when you do, stop hiring your friends and relatives to take over positions in which they have no experience. This company is clearly full of uneducated rednecks that have hung around long enough to get promoted. All of you are 30+ year employees....time to give it a rest and let a different generation take the helm.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!