There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

not an awful company

Current Employee - Co Manager  in  Toledo, OH
Current Employee - Co Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

decent pay after years of service

Cons

poor hours. work 1 till 10 one night then next day be back at 7am for a 10 hr day.
you will manage a union work force and its hard to get things done with discipline. Wages for employees is getting worse and your attracting just young college kids and desperate adults.

1550 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Kroger Pharmacist

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pharmacist are paid very well. However, central indiana pharmacy zone managers are unethical, lie and will do anything to get their bonus. They tell tell the pharmacist whatever it takes to pacify and let the problem subside. They hire anyone with a license and tell them they will float for awhile. ALSO, the "floater" pharmacist are paid less than the staff pharmacist and perform the same responsibilities.

Cons

Not enough technician help! Always short, many mornings of opening the pharmacy without a technician until 11 AM or having my last technician leave at 7 pm (open until 9 pm). However, that pro of great pay comes with the con of other benefits decreased to make the pay scale look fabulous. So it is actually all a check and balance. And Kroger does make sure they get their money worth.

Kroger pharmacy,central Indiana, zone managers are unethical. There were many situations I have been put into which I had no support eg:giving prescription coupons to patients on medicare or other federal funded programs. My zone manager very angerly stated "just keep the customer happy"! So, no ethics about breaking the law, just shut the customer up and get them out. SERIOUSLY? Basically, its the same complaint about the silly gas points Kroger "rewards" the public with for shopping at Kroger. And then there are the silly little games the technicians play evaluating floater pharmacist. The Zone managers promote the silly little games and then wants to hold a pharmacist accountable for not running over to wait on a customer, while they are performing a prescripiiton verification, and the technicans are standing off to the side talking about the latest and greatest thing that happened last weekend or bashing their co-workers not in the pharamacy. Games which should not be promoted by management, they sould be STOPPED in the work force!

Not bad

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of hours, work environment is positive and schedules are flexible. My experience with management has been positive, everyone is kind and friendly. Training is adequate.

Cons

Low starting pay even with experience. Flexible schedules mean irregular hours. Work at night until close one day, open up the next. Goes with the territory, though.

I don't have much advice. Kroger is run well and the management, at least at my Kroger, does a decent job at it.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!