There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

The management at Kroger is definitely not the best. They should all have more training before managing their own store.

Current Employee - Cashier in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Cashier in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pros would have to be the great associates you work with and the small 5% discount.

Cons

My cons would have to be the poor management and the how the supervisor aren't eager to give out breaks when needed.

Management should monitor the entire store more. Get a chance to know each employer that works with them and make them feel comfortable and happy to work there.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great lower management, but corporate micro-management make it impossible to do the job

Current Employee - Overnight Groccery Stocker in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Overnight Groccery Stocker in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work with a selection of great people who are motivated and hard workers. My grocery manager and assistant manager are great.

Cons

Due to constant micro-managing from the store management and new asinine policies from the corporate offices, it's almost impossible to get our job done. Hours are slashed like crazy and because everyone on night crew is hired part time (with the promise of getting full time hours) we have no right to complain as long as we stay about 20 hours a week. When employees complain to the store manager about lack of hours and how no human on earth could possibly have the store stocked and conditioned on 4-6 hour nights, they're told they're easily replaced and if they continue to complain they're transferred. In an attempt to live up to our store managers expectations, my assistant grocery manager had to come to work recently two days after being diagnosed with pneumonia and one day after suffering a near fatal reaction to his pneumonia meds. He was in no condition to be working, but new that, with how much the crews hours had been cut, his presence was required in order to get the store looking halfway decent. He was also told he could easily be replaced when he dared to question the store manager.

If you continue to cut hours, you can't expect perfection in the store.

2. Meat Clerk

Former Employee - Meat Clerk in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Meat Clerk in Hebron, KY

I worked at Kroger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Will Work around school schedule

Cons

The pay is horrible, and hours are terrible

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger