There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

They don't care about the employees

Former Employee - Cashier in Brandenburg, KY
Former Employee - Cashier in Brandenburg, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to meet alot of different people

Cons

Swing shifts usually, bad pay, bad treatment, very strict

1606 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Great lower management, but corporate micro-management make it impossible to do the job

Current Employee - Overnight Groccery Stocker in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Overnight Groccery Stocker in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work with a selection of great people who are motivated and hard workers. My grocery manager and assistant manager are great.

Cons

Due to constant micro-managing from the store management and new asinine policies from the corporate offices, it's almost impossible to get our job done. Hours are slashed like crazy and because everyone on night crew is hired part time (with the promise of getting full time hours) we have no right to complain as long as we stay about 20 hours a week. When employees complain to the store manager about lack of hours and how no human on earth could possibly have the store stocked and conditioned on 4-6 hour nights, they're told they're easily replaced and if they continue to complain they're transferred. In an attempt to live up to our store managers expectations, my assistant grocery manager had to come to work recently two days after being diagnosed with pneumonia and one day after suffering a near fatal reaction to his pneumonia meds. He was in no condition to be working, but new that, with how much the crews hours had been cut, his presence was required in order to get the store looking halfway decent. He was also told he could easily be replaced when he dared to question the store manager.

If you continue to cut hours, you can't expect perfection in the store.

This has far been the worest career move

Current Employee - Co Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Co Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting the people and getting to know your customers

Cons

Where do I start, first they want you to wear a tie to unload trucks, second you have to deal with grown woman argueing about a teenager getting more hours than them and they aren't even available, then you have to deal with a unit manager that only cares about himself than his staff where he has only worked one weekend so far this year and please dont let the other manager go out then you are stuck closing all the time while he the unit manager goes home at 1 or 3. Don't forget about the threats of the union.

Upper management always screams about work life balance even says it in commericals "we believe in family" yea you do cause you see yours but we as CO's don't. Live what you speak and this company would be great.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger