Kroger

www.kroger.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Good during high school and college.

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good, positive working environment that is enjoyable for the most part.

Cons

Incremental raises can be laughable after being there a few years.

Union contracts should pay more.

1829 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

The job was okay but not something you want to make a into career.

Current Employee - Cashier in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Over all the fellow employees are enjoyable to work with and we do have some customers I genuinely enjoy helping.

Cons

Management will take advantage of you often, the hours are all over the place and inconsistent, and there is very little accountability for anyone when don't their job(i.e. people wandering off from their stations to talk or do nothing).

The company really needs to add a way to punish employees that shirk their responsibilities and to reward those that work hard and do their jobs well.

Kroger Pharmacist

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The pharmacist are paid very well. However, central indiana pharmacy zone managers are unethical, lie and will do anything to get their bonus. They tell tell the pharmacist whatever it takes to pacify and let the problem subside. They hire anyone with a license and tell them they will float for awhile. ALSO, the "floater" pharmacist are paid less than the staff pharmacist and perform the same responsibilities.

Cons

Not enough technician help! Always short, many mornings of opening the pharmacy without a technician until 11 AM or having my last technician leave at 7 pm (open until 9 pm). However, that pro of great pay comes with the con of other benefits decreased to make the pay scale look fabulous. So it is actually all a check and balance. And Kroger does make sure they get their money worth.

Kroger pharmacy,central Indiana, zone managers are unethical. There were many situations I have been put into which I had no support eg:giving prescription coupons to patients on medicare or other federal funded programs. My zone manager very angerly stated "just keep the customer happy"! So, no ethics about breaking the law, just shut the customer up and get them out. SERIOUSLY? Basically, its the same complaint about the silly gas points Kroger "rewards" the public with for shopping at Kroger. And then there are the silly little games the technicians play evaluating floater pharmacist. The Zone managers promote the silly little games and then wants to hold a pharmacist accountable for not running over to wait on a customer, while they are performing a prescripiiton verification, and the technicans are standing off to the side talking about the latest and greatest thing that happened last weekend or bashing their co-workers not in the pharamacy. Games which should not be promoted by management, they sould be STOPPED in the work force!

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger