Kroger
3.0 of 5 1,362 reviews
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Too much asked of Store Managment and the pay is a joke...

Co-Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsKroger is a Fortune 500 company. That's about where it ends.

ConsUpper management, district level up to and including executive, thinks way too highly of themselves and the company. Company has never had an original idea, let alone an original idea that works(ed). Compares itself to Publix and Walmart WAY too much. Every initiative ever rolled out has been a global FAILURE. But they company has invested way too much, spoke of it too highly, and crammed it down too many throats to take the mulligan. Also super afraid of upsetting a customer even when they are clearly in the wrong and trying to scam you. My new approach..."I don't give a darn...it's Kroger's money and Kroger's groceries! Give it to them!".

Advice to Senior ManagementRETIRE...Oh and when you do, stop hiring your friends and relatives to take over positions in which they have no experience. This company is clearly full of uneducated rednecks that have hung around long enough to get promoted. All of you are 30+ year employees....time to give it a rest and let a different generation take the helm.

Inefficient

Grocery Clerk (Current Employee)
    Keller, TX

I have been working at Kroger full-time for less than a year

Pros: 10% discount on Kroger brand merchandise 20% on Fred Meyer Jewelery Cons: Store management is not communicative with hourly staff, and encounters are always negative, this drives down morale. Management also deliberately short-staffs The inventory system is egregiously obsolete,… Advice to Senior Management: A district level recruiter for hourly employees is unnecessary and it leads to employees walking into their assignments without situational awareness, and it's just a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I LOVED MY JOB

Deli Clerk (Former Employee)
    Englewood, OH

I worked at Kroger full-time for more than a year

Pros: I loved working at Kroger because I loved the customers. Without the customers I would not have a… Cons: Sometimes being the "low man on the totem pole" I would have to call other… Advice to Senior Management: They are doing great in my personal opinion, however have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.