Kroger
3.0 of 5 1,365 reviews
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

It's was a lot of work, for not nearly enough pay."

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee)
Woodstock, GA

ProsAs far as part time jobs go, it's not the worst I've ever had. There was a sense of camaraderie a midst my coworkers at least.

ConsIt was a lot of hard work. We all got kind of abused for minimum wage. I never got paid nearly enough for some of the stuff I had to do, and my managers were always jerks to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding when something happens to your employees, and they can't make it to work. (i.e. a snow storm that buries their neighborhood in 2 miles of glassy ice)

They don't care about the employees

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Brandenburg, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time for more than a year

Pros: You get to meet alot of different people Cons: Swing shifts usually, bad pay, bad treatment, very strict No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The management at Kroger is definitely not the best. They should all have more training before managing their own store.

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than a year

Pros: The only pros would have to be the great associates… Cons: My cons would have to be the poor management and the… Advice to Senior Management: Management should monitor the entire store more. Get a chance to know each employer… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.