There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Great for first job/high schoolers seeking extra income and responsibility

Former Employee - Front End Clerk in Rome, GA
Former Employee - Front End Clerk in Rome, GA

I worked at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a great first job for me. Started out making six dollars an hour, which seemed awesome when I was sixteen years old. Flexible work schedules for students (which there were a lot working there at the time) Also opportunities to work weekends/extra weekend hours when you wanted to

Cons

Well, as a student working barely minimum wage, sometimes they would work you to death! Cheap labor, I assume.

Advice to Management

More training! We were essentially thrown into the job with little "on the job training"

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I get to know a lot of really neat people, it's a great environment for meeting someone new.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hurricane, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hurricane, WV

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the employees that I work with daily. We have a lot of really nice customers that enjoy Kroger. Double coupons up to .50 cents. good job to collect experience for the future. Flexible scheduling, and personable management.

Cons

The work is tedious, my back always hurts, and I've gotten a heel spur because of the cement flooring. Lunch is only 30 minutes, wish it was an hour. Pay isn't very good. late shifts then scheduled early shifts, my biological clock is all messed up. Not enough employees scheduled throughout the day. Stressful.

Advice to Management

Our store is suffering from the lack of employment on the Front End of the store. Please provide us with more help, and we will work harder than ever without giving a fight.

2. Hard physical work for low pay... they tout advancement but it is very difficult to apply for another position

Current Employee - Former Senior Vice President Executive Now Salad Bar Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A union shop that has negotiated strong benefit package

Cons

Local managers can thwart an employees ability to apply for other positions in the company. The Job Posting Acknowledgment form can allow a store manager to stop an employee from being interviewed for a job that in most cases the store manager has no knowledge of the skills needed. This basically negates Kroger from being an equal opportunity employer... once you get hired....

Advice to Management

Eliminate the Job Posting Acknowledgment form... allow associates to apply for any position they believe they have the skills to do and let the hiring team decide if the person is the right fit...Not an ill equipped low level manager....