There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Great for first job/high schoolers seeking extra income and responsibility

Former Employee - Front End Clerk in Rome, GA
Former Employee - Front End Clerk in Rome, GA

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This was a great first job for me. Started out making six dollars an hour, which seemed awesome when I was sixteen years old. Flexible work schedules for students (which there were a lot working there at the time) Also opportunities to work weekends/extra weekend hours when you wanted to

Cons

Well, as a student working barely minimum wage, sometimes they would work you to death! Cheap labor, I assume.

More training! We were essentially thrown into the job with little "on the job training"

1601 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

I get to know a lot of really neat people, it's a great environment for meeting someone new.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hurricane, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hurricane, WV

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy the employees that I work with daily. We have a lot of really nice customers that enjoy Kroger. Double coupons up to .50 cents. good job to collect experience for the future. Flexible scheduling, and personable management.

Cons

The work is tedious, my back always hurts, and I've gotten a heel spur because of the cement flooring. Lunch is only 30 minutes, wish it was an hour. Pay isn't very good. late shifts then scheduled early shifts, my biological clock is all messed up. Not enough employees scheduled throughout the day. Stressful.

Our store is suffering from the lack of employment on the Front End of the store. Please provide us with more help, and we will work harder than ever without giving a fight.

Good for part-time

Current Employee - Night Stocker in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Night Stocker in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Grocery Manager to work for

Cons

Hard work, long overnight houjrs

Schedule more during heavy times instead of cutting payroll to make bigger bonus

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger