Kroger
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

It's a job

Checker (Current Employee)
Aspen, CO

ProsI would say that what working in grocery retail offers is job stability and good benefits. Also, I work with some really nice people.

ConsBasically, they dedicate no time to training to training their employees, which is a big negative, especially when you end up looking incompetent while doing tasks like U-Scan. Also, almost no opportunity to advance unless you want to get involved in company politics. Extremely rude customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDedicate more time to training people on the technical aspects of the job. Don't just put them on the floor and expect that everything you're supposed to know about the job was embedded in our brains at birth, or that we were supposed to have learned how to be U-Scan operators in school. Generally, when you have to BS your way through everything, it makes people (the employee and the customers) uncomfortable. Give more people who don't want to play the politics game more opportunities to advance.

Great for first job/high schoolers seeking extra income and responsibility

Front End Clerk (Former Employee)
    Rome, GA

I worked at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros: This was a great first job for me. Started out making six dollars an hour, which seemed awesome when I was sixteen years old. Flexible… Cons: Well, as a student working barely minimum wage, sometimes they… Advice to Senior Management: More training! We were essentially thrown into the job with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I get to know a lot of really neat people, it's a great environment for meeting someone new.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Hurricane, WV

I have been working at Kroger part-time for more than a year

Pros: I really enjoy the employees that I work with daily. We have a lot of really nice customers that enjoy… Cons: The work is tedious, my back always hurts, and I've gotten a heel spur because of the cement flooring. Lunch is only 30 minutes, wish… Advice to Senior Management: Our store is suffering from the lack of employment on the Front End of the store.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.