Kroger

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

It's a job

Current Employee - Checker in Aspen, CO
Current Employee - Checker in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I would say that what working in grocery retail offers is job stability and good benefits. Also, I work with some really nice people.

Cons

Basically, they dedicate no time to training to training their employees, which is a big negative, especially when you end up looking incompetent while doing tasks like U-Scan. Also, almost no opportunity to advance unless you want to get involved in company politics. Extremely rude customers.

Dedicate more time to training people on the technical aspects of the job. Don't just put them on the floor and expect that everything you're supposed to know about the job was embedded in our brains at birth, or that we were supposed to have learned how to be U-Scan operators in school. Generally, when you have to BS your way through everything, it makes people (the employee and the customers) uncomfortable. Give more people who don't want to play the politics game more opportunities to advance.

1735 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Great for first job/high schoolers seeking extra income and responsibility

Former Employee - Front End Clerk in Rome, GA
    Former Employee - Front End Clerk in Rome, GA

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This was a great first job for me. Started out making six dollars an hour, which seemed awesome when I was sixteen years old. Flexible work schedules for students (which there were a lot working there at the time) Also opportunities to work weekends/extra weekend hours when you wanted to

Cons

Well, as a student working barely minimum wage, sometimes they would work you to death! Cheap labor, I assume.

More training! We were essentially thrown into the job with little "on the job training"

I get to know a lot of really neat people, it's a great environment for meeting someone new.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hurricane, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hurricane, WV

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy the employees that I work with daily. We have a lot of really nice customers that enjoy Kroger. Double coupons up to .50 cents. good job to collect experience for the future. Flexible scheduling, and personable management.

Cons

The work is tedious, my back always hurts, and I've gotten a heel spur because of the cement flooring. Lunch is only 30 minutes, wish it was an hour. Pay isn't very good. late shifts then scheduled early shifts, my biological clock is all messed up. Not enough employees scheduled throughout the day. Stressful.

Our store is suffering from the lack of employment on the Front End of the store. Please provide us with more help, and we will work harder than ever without giving a fight.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger