There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Challenging satisfying long term employment

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Hutchinson, KS
Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Hutchinson, KS

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at Kroger for almost 10 years and have found it to be very satisying and challenging. I feel I have been rewarded well for what I have been able to accomplish.

Cons

The work hours can be long with minimal staff support and high expectations of output. There is ongoing pressure to do more with the same or less staff.

Try to ensure the work/life balance is maintained for all employees, and those who put in the time and perform above average are fairly rewarded

reviews filtered by
  1. Pretty good

Current Employee - Cashier in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly, great benefits, employee discount, flexible schedule; good work environment, great people to work with, great products in the storre

Cons

Not enough hours unless you're full time; break time could stand to be longer; employee discount could be higher;

Provide more hours for cashiers

2. The store itself isn't bad, but the customers will get to you

Current Employee - Cashier in Beavercreek, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For the most part, they're flexible with scheduling.

Cons

Kroger spends SO much time bending over backwards to suck up to their customers that they've grown accustomed to being wined and dined ( At least my store). This causes customers to literally throw a fit when there isn't a bagger on a lane ("I have to bag my own grocceries? REALLY?") or if an item rings up higher than normal because they haven't presented their 'Plus' card yet ("UH excuse me, this rang up wrong, that means I get it for free now") The examples go on and on.
    The supervisors will swoop in the moment you begin a conversation during downtime (believe me, there is plenty of downtime in the middle of the week) and tell you to break it up and stand out on "cashier alert" (which consists entirely of standing at the end of your lane and waiting silently for a customer) Meanwhile, they stand in their 4-person huddle and laugh and joke all day, regardless of how busy we are, and regardless of the fact that we could actually use their help on the floor.

The will constantly change the schedule without telling you, and then punish you when you don't show up for the correct shift.

Listen to the concerns of your staff. PLEASE.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger