First Job

Current Employee - Produce Clerk
Current Employee - Produce Clerk

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount and meeting new people

Cons

horrible pay, bad hours and people that have been there the longest don't do any work because they are protected by the union. Cheapest company on the planet

Advice to Management

Learn your employees names and at least pretend you care about them. I don't recommend kroger to anyone who is looking for a job

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Customer not first

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Kroger (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable, Solid company. Good benefits.

Cons

Too political. I am not naive, I know that is the way it's played, but this is ridiculous. Also, micromanagement has been taken to an all new level. Associates and Management are so worried about scorecards that customer service is an afterthought.

Advice to Management

Lighten up!!! These are people with loads of experience in your stores. Let them run them, then get rid of the one who can't. We are not robots

2. Good for a Temporary first job, terrible for the long term

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its good for a first job, learning how to deal with customers and interact with co-workers. Flexible scheduling and supervisors were always there if you had a scheduling problem you needed to work out. Co-workers for the most part are very easy to get along with, and I've made many friends there.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to care about their employees, they may put on a fake smile but they never seemed to really take any notice. The pay is awful, I've worked there for 2 years and I'm still only making $7.45/hr and I'm trained across 4 departments. Forget about decent raises, as one of the managers told me, raises aren't based on performance but only on length of service. Doesn't matter how hard you work, you won't get a raise for doing a good job. Not to mention they're almost always understaffed and have to constantly call people from other departments. Turnover is also very high, with maybe 1 of every 5 employees making it past the one month mark. Customers can be bad and you have to cave to them every time otherwise they'll complain and you will get yelled at.

Advice to Management

Start paying and treating your employees better; they do a lot for you and deserve more than the scraps they get.