Total Hell in Atlanta!

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Co-Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kroger full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

you get some good experience that other employers value.

Cons

Pay sucks. Hours suck. Unit Managers are mostly mean and don't care about a co-managers homelife. They do not value education and promote a lot of people who would not make it at other retailers. You have to check stores on Christmas when closed so you cannot travel very far. You will work almost every weekend. You will work till 11, drive an hour to get home and then have to be there again at 7am at least a few times a week. You will never be able to coach your kids sports teams cause they wont let you have off to do it. Forget about attending Church. Please do not fall for the lies they might tell you, Kroger will work you to death and for very little pay.

Advice to Management

Decide to really care about other people than yourselves. You are only a store manager not the head of a Fortune 500 company so don't act so cocky all the time. Kroger will go the way of Winn Dixie and Big Star one day because they let all the good Co-managers leave and are left with ones who cannot go anywhere else.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Job!

Former Employee - Casher, Floral in Clear Lake City, TX
    Former Employee - Casher, Floral in Clear Lake City, TX

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible with schedule: I was in college and they worked with my schedule. I also have Crohn's disease and they were very understanding with my condition when I was unavailable to come in. Good work environment: I made lots of friends while on the job Customer service: Kroger always wants to please their customers to the best of their ablities It is always refreshing to help a customer!

Cons

Low pay: other grocery stores offer better compensation for the work done.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!

2. Find another job don't even waste your time

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Memphis, TN

I worked at Kroger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting paid every week that's it

Cons

No set schedule, management not standing up for employees, no restrooms close to registers, no refrigerators at my location for lunches, thumb print readers don't work properly

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, actually help when needed, upper management talking to employess not just when they need something, make set schedules, monitor people that aren't working during there shift and actually give it to someone that wants it and will work