Kroger

www.kroger.com

Got me Though Community College

Former Employee - Bakery Clerk  in  Salem, OR
Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Salem, OR

Pros

They were flexible with my school schedule, Valued good work ethics, Employee discount was nice, Crazy customers, fairly nice culture, Most of the employees were friendly nice and helpful.

Cons

Raises based on length of service can create an apathetic attitude among coworkers, Upper management (outside the store) did silly things sometimes, Crazy customers, Not labeling the axis on charts, You often have to pick up others slack if you are a good worker.

Give more power to your store level management. I often saw incredibly wasteful strategies employed by upper management.

Other reviews for Kroger

For anyone re-entering the workforce, you could do A LOT worse than Kroger.

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Marietta, GA

Pros

Department heads and managers at the store are not just skilled at their jobs; they're also hard-working, congenial, and downright fun to work with. I've learned new things from each one of them, and I can trust them to have my back if I need help with something. And while we have occasionally had people enter the Dairy department who wanted to coast along, the majority of people who enter the position are well-motivated and willing to work as a team to complete tasks

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect between upper management back at the corporate office and the stores they're responsible for. Many of the problems that have occured at my job have been a result of poor planning by corporate or a poor understanding of what we need in order to work effectively.

You've instituted many great policies in the past to improve performance, but many of the policies you've put in the past lately have been short-sighted. If you can figure out why that has been happening and fix it, you'll have better sales and both employee and customer satisfaction.

What I expected from retail.

Current Employee - Greeter  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Greeter in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Dependable hours with a stable company.

Cons

Advancement can be slow.
    Pay on the low side.

Better communication of expectations, and explanation of benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!