Kroger

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Got me Though Community College

Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Salem, OR
Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Salem, OR

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They were flexible with my school schedule, Valued good work ethics, Employee discount was nice, Crazy customers, fairly nice culture, Most of the employees were friendly nice and helpful.

Cons

Raises based on length of service can create an apathetic attitude among coworkers, Upper management (outside the store) did silly things sometimes, Crazy customers, Not labeling the axis on charts, You often have to pick up others slack if you are a good worker.

Give more power to your store level management. I often saw incredibly wasteful strategies employed by upper management.

1932 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Fun, though pay was awful

Former Employee - Meat Clerk in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Meat Clerk in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management was okay, though rather inconsistent.

Cons

PAY!!!! PAY PAY PAY PAY

Not payed enough relative to other retail pharmacies.

Current Employee - P2 Pharmacy Intern in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - P2 Pharmacy Intern in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than a year)

Pros

After looking for a job as a 2nd year Pharmacy Intern for 3 months, finally I got lucky and got hired by Krogger. I like the fact that the schedule is so flexible and I can work only about 10-15 hours a week. My bosses are excellent, they are buying lunch every time we work on weekends. The owners of Krogger are also the owners of Fred Myer stores, which I really like.

Cons

The initial computer training ( for orientation) took 7.5 hours to complete!! I really wish they pay interns as much as Wallgreens, Target or CVS does.

Please don't have unrealistic expectations about the time it takes to safely fill a prescription. Make up your mind: do you want quality or quantity. If you want both, then reduce the number of prescriptions we need to finish in time in order to get points for our store, so that the pharmacist has some time for counseling as well!. Thank you.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger