Kroger

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Got me Though Community College

Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Salem, OR
Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Salem, OR

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They were flexible with my school schedule, Valued good work ethics, Employee discount was nice, Crazy customers, fairly nice culture, Most of the employees were friendly nice and helpful.

Cons

Raises based on length of service can create an apathetic attitude among coworkers, Upper management (outside the store) did silly things sometimes, Crazy customers, Not labeling the axis on charts, You often have to pick up others slack if you are a good worker.

Give more power to your store level management. I often saw incredibly wasteful strategies employed by upper management.

1742 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Not payed enough relative to other retail pharmacies.

Current Employee - P2 Pharmacy Intern in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - P2 Pharmacy Intern in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

After looking for a job as a 2nd year Pharmacy Intern for 3 months, finally I got lucky and got hired by Krogger. I like the fact that the schedule is so flexible and I can work only about 10-15 hours a week. My bosses are excellent, they are buying lunch every time we work on weekends. The owners of Krogger are also the owners of Fred Myer stores, which I really like.

Cons

The initial computer training ( for orientation) took 7.5 hours to complete!! I really wish they pay interns as much as Wallgreens, Target or CVS does.

Please don't have unrealistic expectations about the time it takes to safely fill a prescription. Make up your mind: do you want quality or quantity. If you want both, then reduce the number of prescriptions we need to finish in time in order to get points for our store, so that the pharmacist has some time for counseling as well!. Thank you.

For anyone re-entering the workforce, you could do A LOT worse than Kroger.

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Department heads and managers at the store are not just skilled at their jobs; they're also hard-working, congenial, and downright fun to work with. I've learned new things from each one of them, and I can trust them to have my back if I need help with something. And while we have occasionally had people enter the Dairy department who wanted to coast along, the majority of people who enter the position are well-motivated and willing to work as a team to complete tasks

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect between upper management back at the corporate office and the stores they're responsible for. Many of the problems that have occured at my job have been a result of poor planning by corporate or a poor understanding of what we need in order to work effectively.

You've instituted many great policies in the past to improve performance, but many of the policies you've put in the past lately have been short-sighted. If you can figure out why that has been happening and fix it, you'll have better sales and both employee and customer satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger