There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Four years as a Front End Manager

Current Employee - Front End Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Front End Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall, good work environment. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Kroger provides a lot of training to develop their associates.

Cons

As with most companies Kroger watches labor very closely. I think that too often Kroger does not allow for enough labor to provide World Class customer service that our customers deserve.

Trust that lower management will run shifts with the best financial interests in the company. Labor hours each day are cut to a bare minimum each day to take care of customers. Then there are the inevitable call outs experienced each day. I think that there should always be a slight "cushion" built into the labor budget, especially for holidays, to ensure there is always adequate coverage.

1550 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Blue Ash, OH

I worked at Kroger full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was able to move up really quickly when a position opened up. They noticed my potential and excellent work attitude and I was given what is known as a Merit Raise... Kroger is unionized and the only way to get a raise is to work there so many hours, or get a Merit Raise. The Merit Raise gives you 2 pay scales above what you were getting paid but there's something about it only being allowed once.

Cons

Strict rule enforcement can seem mundane and pointless. There's always someone important walking around who notices something.

Ask more questions! Show more care to the little guy and you will see a great increase in work performance.

good solid company to work for

Current Employee - Department Head  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Department Head in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They promote from within better than any other company I've worked for.
    The range of employee ages makes for a unique environment...everybody fits!

Cons

Some employees have been there forever and are wonderful whereas some employees have been there forever and are a drag to the work environment.

Pats on the back aren't necessary, but they are free and (almost) better than money.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!