There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Great Starter Job for Students

Former Employee - Night Cashier in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Night Cashier in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is outstanding where I worked, and did everything they could to help me. This company is great for students because of the flexible hours and student benefits like tuition assistance.

Cons

Due to the high number of associates, it's extremely difficult to move from a part-time position to a full-time one. Upper management loves to micromanage each store and "fix what isn't broken", if you will. The pay could be better, but what else would expect from a supermarket?

Stop micromanaging and let the stores govern themselves as long as goals are being met.

1602 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

It's okay, nothing great.

Current Employee - Cashier, Courtesy Clerk, U-Scan Attendant in Anderson, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier, Courtesy Clerk, U-Scan Attendant in Anderson, OH

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is relatively easy to perform, and you never have to take your job home with you. My coworkers are great, so I enjoy being at work because of them.

Cons

Union dues take a good chunk of your paycheck, and unless you have a strict availability, your hours may not be very consistent. the work is also mind-numbingly boring, at least self-checkout and below. It's all manual labor and memorization, no critical thinking.

I enjoyed the different customers I met.

I have been working at Kroger part-time

Pros

flexible scheduling, creative ways are implemented to get employees better involved with their work, meeting different people especially working as a cashier

Cons

low pay, sometimes there's a lack of information to execute your job, but that is why you have to ask questions at any job especially if you're unsure about something

Encourage your team members to be the best they can be!

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger