Kroger
3.0 of 5 1,357 reviews
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Great Starter Job for Students

Night Cashier (Former Employee)
Huntsville, AL

ProsManagement is outstanding where I worked, and did everything they could to help me. This company is great for students because of the flexible hours and student benefits like tuition assistance.

ConsDue to the high number of associates, it's extremely difficult to move from a part-time position to a full-time one. Upper management loves to micromanage each store and "fix what isn't broken", if you will. The pay could be better, but what else would expect from a supermarket?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging and let the stores govern themselves as long as goals are being met.

Tedious and lack of respect by Higher Ups

Clerk (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kroger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You can advance in the story pretty fast as long… Cons: Higher Ups lazy blame employees for their mistakes. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the lower people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's okay, nothing great.

Cashier, Courtesy Clerk, U-Scan Attendant (Current Employee)
    Anderson, OH

I have been working at Kroger part-time for more than a year

Pros: The work is relatively easy to perform, and you never have to take your job… Cons: Union dues take a good chunk of your paycheck, and unless you have a strict availability, your hours may not be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.