Your computerized scores do not reflect our dedication.

Current Employee - ACSM  in  Dayton, OH
Current Employee - ACSM in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At my store, we are like a family. There are many opportunities for moving up. Every one tries to work together as much as possible.

Cons

Continuous cutting of hours hinders the store from providing World Class service to our customers. There are many occasions that there are simply not enough bodies in the entire store to cover the registers needed open or sackers needed to get carts or customer service people to wait on customers at the desk. Meanwhile, shelves are left understocked and customers needing assistance in other departments are left to fend for themselves.

Judging human performance by simply looking at a graph is unacceptable. There are many of us who are totally committed to our careers and go above and beyond for this company not to be condemned for getting low scores. There has to be understanding that we ARE just human and that there are always going to be circumstances that will keep us from hitting that goal. Cutting back hours does not help. We have experimented and know that even with just a little more hours added to the store, we are able to hit these goals and we are able to keep the shelves stocked and we ARE able to provide World Class service to ALL of our customers. It is simple logic: having enough help reduces stress levels on employees enabling them to focus on fast, friendly service. Until this is realized, the we will not achieve our goal of providing the World Class service our customers deserve.

Other Reviews for Kroger

Working Managers do double the work .... bakery's in every krogers in a nighmare never makes goal

Former Employee - Bakery Manager  in  Gillette, WY
    Former Employee - Bakery Manager in Gillette, WY

I worked at Kroger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Customers make my day, love the hard work when u can actually accomplish a normal day its like YESSSS! short lived and rare.....

Cons

Management runs a crazy ship, hiding things making things worse in some cases. Need at least 3 employee at all times well short of that and at time no one in the bakery at all. Bakery overall in gillette wy is just running itself... Pay is good but the have to pay to keep people and the stress is sometimes not worth it....

Get better more honest record keeping and recorded hours. Current management is not fair nor experienced human services. The appropiate people for the job hours. Appropiate storage for stock this expecially is going to eventurally make gillette, wy sick. Human resources training and office manners.

Lousy pay, great environment.

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk

I have been working at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros

The other employees are very kind, as are the managers and administrators. Very positive and friendly culture. Job (courtesy clerk) isn't too demanding, but can be stressful at times, and tiring physically on busier days.

Cons

Pay is terrible in lower positions, minimum wage. No benefits/vacation for newer part-timers.

Keep doing what you're doing, continue being friendly, polite, and helpful to customers and employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!