There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Tedious and lack of respect by Higher Ups

Former Employee - Clerk in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Clerk in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kroger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can advance in the story pretty fast as long as you do what's expected of you.

Cons

Higher Ups lazy blame employees for their mistakes.

Listen to the lower people.

1601 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

It's okay, nothing great.

Current Employee - Cashier, Courtesy Clerk, U-Scan Attendant in Anderson, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier, Courtesy Clerk, U-Scan Attendant in Anderson, OH

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is relatively easy to perform, and you never have to take your job home with you. My coworkers are great, so I enjoy being at work because of them.

Cons

Union dues take a good chunk of your paycheck, and unless you have a strict availability, your hours may not be very consistent. the work is also mind-numbingly boring, at least self-checkout and below. It's all manual labor and memorization, no critical thinking.

lousy employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

the work is local-which is more my doing than management's

Cons

Managers spend too much resources on IT development and building of brick and mortar stores, while insisting that employees make too much. I could not even help a customer out to her car and get 15 minutes of overtime without that being taken off my paycheck. Planning and scheduling is non-existant. Management makes lower level employees angry in turn causing them not to want to work for the company. They call in sick and the schedule must change constantly. Thus costing the company more money and making it difficult for higher level people to perform efficiently.

Your business model is ancient history, change your management style and focus on overall company net income instead of sales numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger