There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Not a bad place to work as a student.

I have been working at Kroger

Pros

Very flexible scheduling, pay raises, paid vacation, I like most of the people I work with

Cons

Not enough pay for what you do and corporate expects way too much from their employees.

Advice to Management

Store management is fine, but corporate and district offices expect everything to be done perfectly and with low wages for employees it is hard to do the job that you do.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Clerk in Richmond, IN
    Current Employee - Clerk in Richmond, IN

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, great people, very customer focused, excellent knowledge of customers needs and wants

Cons

Too much paperwork which means not enough working, some negative people in the store

Advice to Management

None

Being forced out

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the key employees have been around for up to 45 years. Very knowledgable and care about quality and customer service. High pay and good benefits for full time.

Cons

Company only hiring part-time employees to meet a ratio so they don't have pay health care. Full time employees not leaving fast enough so they are finding ways to remove them. Dirty management. Writing people up for being 1 min. late, suspensions without a probationary period. All geared at full time. Part time starts out at minimum, pays a $75 union fee and then monthly dues and get .5 every 6 months. No insurance. Company won't let anyone get over 30 hours. No advancement.

Advice to Management

Your only as good as your people. We cannot be replaced that easy. $7.25 won't buy you the experience we have. Lose the Key Retailing. Empoyees hate it.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger