There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

I've enjoyed my 6 years experience with Kroger. I've been able to grow as an individual and make connections.

Current Employee - Florist in Carrollton, GA
Current Employee - Florist in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Kroger will work with you no matter your situation, especially if you are in college. They will allow you to leave and come back as needed, and they will hire you as priority before hiring brand new employees. The Kroger company gives you an opportunity to grow and expand your communications as an individual. With my experience I was able to find my passion with the floral department, and I love going to work. Kroger is a wonderful company to work with.

Cons

The only possible downside to working for Kroger would be your coworkers. This is not at every store, or even in every department, but with my experience there are some people who will not do their job to their full potential. I have really only witnessed this with the front end of the store and with the younger employees. Some of them do not understand that they are part of a team and if they do not follow through with their job the other employees and, most importantly, the customers will not be happy.

My advice to management would be to have a more in depth hiring process. To really question the potential new employees on their work ethic, especially the younger employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. A fine place for part time college work

Former Employee - Fuel Clerk in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Fuel Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse group of people
    Management is understanding
    Great part time college position

Cons

Pay is low
    Many don't care about positions and view them as temporary

2. Only worked there for a summer, it was OK

Former Employee - Salad Bar Attendant in Blanchester, OH
    Former Employee - Salad Bar Attendant in Blanchester, OH

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than a year)

Pros

they provided good training, there were plenty of nice people, good management, and there was decent pay for the work done

Cons

because I worked in a small town where I went to school so alot of drama with people I used to know

When you hire someone, make sure they don't have to work with people who ultimately despise them if you can. Also more training for sensitivity in the workplace

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger