Kroger

www.kroger.com
  www.kroger.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Not somewhere I could see myself working long term, but for a college student, it's decent.

Current Employee - Deli Clerk
Current Employee - Deli Clerk

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- If you're there for 18 months and qualify for the benefits, they look good on paper and they're only $5-$15/week depending on the kind you have (single or family). I just got them and haven't used them yet, so I can't say whether they're as good in person as they are on paper.
- They're flexible with the schedule, accommodating school and second jobs. You can also request days off and almost always get them, so long as you put in the request a week in advance.
- At my store, there is a union which keeps the company in check.

Cons

- At the store I work at, turnover is high and it shows in the way management treats their employees; not bothering to learn their names right away or ever. Two of the three store managers still don't know my name when I've been working there for over a year and a half. Some people might not take issue with this, but I do.
- They seem to hire part-time almost exclusively then work employees the maximum amount of hours to avoid hiring full-time employees. The only full-time employees I know have been working there for many years under older contracts.
- It is by no means a livable wage, even if you were to work full-time.

If someone works in your store for over a year and a half, you could try to learn their first name.

1732 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

A fine place for part time college work

Former Employee - Fuel Clerk in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Fuel Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse group of people
    Management is understanding
    Great part time college position

Cons

Pay is low
    Many don't care about positions and view them as temporary

Only worked there for a summer, it was OK

Former Employee - Salad Bar Attendant in Blanchester, OH
    Former Employee - Salad Bar Attendant in Blanchester, OH

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

they provided good training, there were plenty of nice people, good management, and there was decent pay for the work done

Cons

because I worked in a small town where I went to school so alot of drama with people I used to know

When you hire someone, make sure they don't have to work with people who ultimately despise them if you can. Also more training for sensitivity in the workplace

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger