There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

First Job maybe

I worked at Kroger

Pros

Good first job as a teenager hires at 14 if your lucky min wage.

Cons

trying to get promoted to like clerk or grocery is easy getting any higher just a little is almost impossible. same as full time

1614 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Great Company

I have been working at Kroger full-time

Pros

The leadership, pay, and opportunity for growth

Cons

Could have better work/life balance

Love the Upper Management

Not somewhere I could see myself working long term, but for a college student, it's decent.

Current Employee - Deli Clerk
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- If you're there for 18 months and qualify for the benefits, they look good on paper and they're only $5-$15/week depending on the kind you have (single or family). I just got them and haven't used them yet, so I can't say whether they're as good in person as they are on paper.
    - They're flexible with the schedule, accommodating school and second jobs. You can also request days off and almost always get them, so long as you put in the request a week in advance.
    - At my store, there is a union which keeps the company in check.

Cons

- At the store I work at, turnover is high and it shows in the way management treats their employees; not bothering to learn their names right away or ever. Two of the three store managers still don't know my name when I've been working there for over a year and a half. Some people might not take issue with this, but I do.
    - They seem to hire part-time almost exclusively then work employees the maximum amount of hours to avoid hiring full-time employees. The only full-time employees I know have been working there for many years under older contracts.
    - It is by no means a livable wage, even if you were to work full-time.

If someone works in your store for over a year and a half, you could try to learn their first name.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger