First job turned into a career

Current Employee - Co-Manager
Current Employee - Co-Manager

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ceiling is as high (or low) as you want it to be. Many high level executives started as part time associates in our stores.

Cons

Work-Life balance is poor. Entry level management work 50+ hours each week mostly consisting of night,s weekends, and holidays.

Find a way to promote into positions and departments people are passionate about without years spent in Store Management. We're missing out on bright people who aren't patient enough to wait 3-5 years to advance into the positions they're passionate about, especially after earning a college degree.

Accountability is lacking in some levels of Management. At times, it creates animosity toward peers who under-perform and keep their position or even get promotions.

Other Reviews for Kroger

It could be better, but it could be worse.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that work at Kroger are usually rather young teenagers, so if you're in or near that age range, it's really easy to become friends with everyone. Everyone helps each other out and is generally very approachable.

Cons

There is constantly something to do, but you only get either a 15 minute break or a 30 minute break, depending on how many hours you work. It gets tiring really fast.

Love it

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great corporate environment. The senior management has strong believes and a solid plan to move into the future

Cons

The work life balance can be difficult. The hours expected can be gruesome, but they are manageable. I believe this varies greatly by department.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!