Kroger
3.0 of 5 1,204 reviews
www.kroger.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Working for one of the banner companies of Kroger

Front End Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kroger part-time for more than 5 years

ProsPays the bills and not much after that. Co-workers make it interesting most days. The reason I went back to school is seeing how this company is going down hill for the last few years and I don't see a change any time soon.

ConsThe communication between employee and manager is little or no effort from the manager side. Asking questions to a manager for customers is like pulling teeth on a dead horse. The management teams that work at the store of my employment makes employees make the call and make the customer happy. If you have a family emergency like one of my co-workers the other day that lost his parent good luck on getting time off for the funeral because to them sales of the store are number one, treating employees like dirt two, not caring about the customers three, and that's just the start. Until I find a better job I'm stuck in a nightmare that just keeps getting worst by the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to become ethical I know most mangers that are currently work there care about one thing and it's not the customer or the employee it's all about the upper management that comes visit the store. In the values of Kroger it states that I get what I want plus a little more and I want to return. Maybe management needs to rewrite this and says I don't care what customers want or employees needs I'm just looking for my own good job reward from upper management. Take pride in your job you are their for the customer not for upper management because remember this a customer pays your salary for the products they buy in the store not some top dog that doesn't even shop at the store. Just remember that Jon Flora is just a man not a GOD!

They don't care about their employees, just pleasing upper management

Associate Relations Manager (Former Employee)
Northern, KY

I worked at Kroger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They offer weekly pay and great medical leave benefits. Cons: union, insurance, hard to advance, management doesn't do what they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not so good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kroger part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -co-workers -Good insurance -Guaranteed paycheck -In terminability -easy work -if you want to a pharm tech it is really… Cons: -Low pay -Unions and high school kids don't mix -Pessimism among frontline employees -Highly erratic hours -Boring, uneducated labor -Managers are usually hired not promoted -indiscriminate hiring practices lea to… Advice to Senior Management: Close the disconnect between the layers of management, district managers need to come don from their land of gumdrops and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kroger CEO David B. Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees.