Kroger

www.kroger.com
  www.kroger.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Working for one of the banner companies of Kroger

Current Employee - Front End Associate
Current Employee - Front End Associate

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pays the bills and not much after that. Co-workers make it interesting most days. The reason I went back to school is seeing how this company is going down hill for the last few years and I don't see a change any time soon.

Cons

The communication between employee and manager is little or no effort from the manager side. Asking questions to a manager for customers is like pulling teeth on a dead horse. The management teams that work at the store of my employment makes employees make the call and make the customer happy. If you have a family emergency like one of my co-workers the other day that lost his parent good luck on getting time off for the funeral because to them sales of the store are number one, treating employees like dirt two, not caring about the customers three, and that's just the start. Until I find a better job I'm stuck in a nightmare that just keeps getting worst by the day.

Learn how to become ethical I know most mangers that are currently work there care about one thing and it's not the customer or the employee it's all about the upper management that comes visit the store. In the values of Kroger it states that I get what I want plus a little more and I want to return. Maybe management needs to rewrite this and says I don't care what customers want or employees needs I'm just looking for my own good job reward from upper management. Take pride in your job you are their for the customer not for upper management because remember this a customer pays your salary for the products they buy in the store not some top dog that doesn't even shop at the store. Just remember that Jon Flora is just a man not a GOD!

1691 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Don't work at a grocery store

Current Employee - Cashier in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy work conditions, close parking, some fun coworkers, and it's a really easy job to learn.

Cons

Weird upper management, high-maintenance customers, long work days, no benefits for part-time employees, and very little work culture.

More than meets the eye.

Current Employee - Assistant Meat Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Meat Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Kroger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The insurance is decent and very affordable. That is really about the only positive thing about working with this company.

Cons

Vacation time is absolute garbage. 1 week after a year, 2 weeks after 3 years, 3 weeks after 8 years.... 8 years?? My wife already has twice that with her company!

They love to pile more and more crap on you. I wish we could just do day to day business without all the other stuff.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger