There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Working for one of the banner companies of Kroger

Current Employee - Front End Associate
Current Employee - Front End Associate

I have been working at Kroger part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pays the bills and not much after that. Co-workers make it interesting most days. The reason I went back to school is seeing how this company is going down hill for the last few years and I don't see a change any time soon.

Cons

The communication between employee and manager is little or no effort from the manager side. Asking questions to a manager for customers is like pulling teeth on a dead horse. The management teams that work at the store of my employment makes employees make the call and make the customer happy. If you have a family emergency like one of my co-workers the other day that lost his parent good luck on getting time off for the funeral because to them sales of the store are number one, treating employees like dirt two, not caring about the customers three, and that's just the start. Until I find a better job I'm stuck in a nightmare that just keeps getting worst by the day.

Learn how to become ethical I know most mangers that are currently work there care about one thing and it's not the customer or the employee it's all about the upper management that comes visit the store. In the values of Kroger it states that I get what I want plus a little more and I want to return. Maybe management needs to rewrite this and says I don't care what customers want or employees needs I'm just looking for my own good job reward from upper management. Take pride in your job you are their for the customer not for upper management because remember this a customer pays your salary for the products they buy in the store not some top dog that doesn't even shop at the store. Just remember that Jon Flora is just a man not a GOD!

1511 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Decent first job

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk/Cashier  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk/Cashier in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Kroger part-time

Pros

Grocery stores will get you the most knowledge of customers since everybody has to eat. You won't get just one kind of customer, you'll get all kinds every day.

Cons

(Personal) I hate going to the parking lot and pushing the carts back in A LOT. Other employees actually preferred it to get away from the customers. Hours can be inconsistent.

MORE WORKERS DURING BUSY HOURS. If you have 6 registers open with only 3 baggers, you're gonna have a bad time.

Great first job!

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Kroger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling, Great place to learn how to give awesome customer service, Weekly pay, my schedule was usually pretty consistent week to week.

Cons

There is very little chance to move up in the company. They don't seem to be very big on growth within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!