There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Co-Manager

I worked at Kroger

Pros

Store managers are easy to work with. Employees for the most part are great.

Cons

District Management is unreasonable. General office is WAY too disconnected and they have no idea what is going on in the stores. Hours are terrible, if you are a co manager you are guaranteed to work at least 3 to 4 nights until 11 pm. It is almost impossible to get a weekend off. I went 4 months without a weekend off. There is no support system.

Hire more management for store level. Work life balance is terrible. Find some people for district management who have people skills! Our district manager would literally walk our store and not say one word to the employees. The district manager would always find something negative, never positive.

1511 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Low Pay - Long Hours

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kroger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big name to build experience

Cons

very political, long hours of work, low pay, no systems in place, limited growth

Please be in touch with reality and the politics that goes on in the plants. Senior Management should have more hands on approach. Need to hire professional staff.
    Long hours of work and low pay does not help build morale, be there to support employees on weekends and afterhours.

Working for one of the banner companies of Kroger

Current Employee - Front End Associate
    Current Employee - Front End Associate

I have been working at Kroger part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pays the bills and not much after that. Co-workers make it interesting most days. The reason I went back to school is seeing how this company is going down hill for the last few years and I don't see a change any time soon.

Cons

The communication between employee and manager is little or no effort from the manager side. Asking questions to a manager for customers is like pulling teeth on a dead horse. The management teams that work at the store of my employment makes employees make the call and make the customer happy. If you have a family emergency like one of my co-workers the other day that lost his parent good luck on getting time off for the funeral because to them sales of the store are number one, treating employees like dirt two, not caring about the customers three, and that's just the start. Until I find a better job I'm stuck in a nightmare that just keeps getting worst by the day.

Learn how to become ethical I know most mangers that are currently work there care about one thing and it's not the customer or the employee it's all about the upper management that comes visit the store. In the values of Kroger it states that I get what I want plus a little more and I want to return. Maybe management needs to rewrite this and says I don't care what customers want or employees needs I'm just looking for my own good job reward from upper management. Take pride in your job you are their for the customer not for upper management because remember this a customer pays your salary for the products they buy in the store not some top dog that doesn't even shop at the store. Just remember that Jon Flora is just a man not a GOD!

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!