There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Got me through college.

Current Employee - Deli Clerk
Current Employee - Deli Clerk

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefit package (health insurance, paid vacations, 401K).
Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Pay is not a living wage.
Must work all holidays and weekends.
Management focuses on corporate goals rather than employee needs.

When I first started with the Kroger Company 'Our People are Great' was the motto. Since then, the focus has changed to corporate growth and the customer is always right. Employee needs are no longer a focus within this company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great first job or student job.

Former Employee - File Clerk in Lambertville, MI
    Former Employee - File Clerk in Lambertville, MI

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at the same store for about 6 years and was a courtesy clerk, file clerk, fuel center manager, fuel clerk, and a cashier during my time. Most departments allowed for flexible schedules and hours, especially if you were a student. For a first job, or student job, it was good pay with the flexibility of the schedule.

They have also made great strides in listening to the employees thoughts and opinions at the store level with their new feedback system.

Cons

In my "lower management" positions it was frustrating to implement or work with the directives and requests of upper management (outside the store) that didn't understand how things really operated on a daily basis at store level and the uniqueness of a store based on the community it was located in.

Focus on gathering information from your employees and not just implementing changes because they look good on paper.

2. pretty good overall.

Former Employee - Drug/GM Clerk in Lancaster, OH
    Former Employee - Drug/GM Clerk in Lancaster, OH

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had a great supervisor, and got along with most of the people I worked with. They were pretty good about giving time off when it was requested, and worked around my college schedule very well.

Cons

some of the people I worked with, and some issues with an assistant manager that seemed to have some favoritism issues.

listen to your workers, and try to work with them, not against them. Most managers I had were great, but there were some that needed to realize that their workers and themselves were all working toward the same goal.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger